Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by bobbyw, Nov 11, 2006.

1. IdaRed

IdaRed Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2008
    denver, co
    that's a fair assumption, however, i start dec 9. 28 days is what i was told, but i didn't ask if it could go longer. i would have to guess that it's a minimum. i'll have to get back to you on that. i was hired nov 4 but there are not, apparently, a lot of trainers residing in the denver area. they won't have you come to orientation, though, until they have a trainer set up for you. hopefully you live in an area with more gordon traffic and you won't have to wait so long. i'll be running the western 11. once i get going, i might just start a new thread describing the experience. if so, i'll try to do it sooner, rather than later, so stay tuned. good luck at school!:study:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    Thanks IdaRed.

I look forward to your new thread. I will be doing the same once i get out there as well. I live in the Sac area which is north of their Modesto terminal and they have a drop yard here too. My B-I-L just got his orientation date moved up from Jan. to 12/09.

You mentioned wanting to do the 11 western. Is that going to be dry and TC?

Best of luck during training.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  4. Hottub

Hottub Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I encourage you both to share your expereinces with us all. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of information about them on the forums.
    Although, that may not be a bad thing.

5. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Hey Guys, I started with Gordon 11/18. I spent one week with my trainer and could not believe i got to go home for thanksgiving. My trainer said they want you to get 10k miles while your out. Then you take a driving test when you have completed your training. I have to say, I could not be more impressed with this company. They have been extremely helpful and very nice to deal with. I will be running the Midwest, which i was told there is a lot of freight in my area. :biggrin_25525: Well my trainer is picking me up tonight or Tuesday morning, better go pack. Good luck to you guys and i will see you on the road.

cpassey Thanks this.
  6. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    Thanks for the info Corner. When you have a chance give us a good data dump on your training experience. Things to bring, leave home, lessons learned, and etc. Look forward to your response.

7. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    You got it Hottub. Gordon seems to be a really good company that is flying under the radar on this message board. I am planning on doing a weekly update, once i get out there, in the spirit that Evertrucker (sp?) is doing on the Crete board. Hoping to start at orientation and go from there.

8. CornerCarver

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    When you go to orientation make sure you bring a copy of your completed application, your physical paper work, training school paper work and your drivers license. If you are going to have someone on your insurance bring there S.S#. The actual training has been great. You do almost all of the driving. They do not permit team driving. yea The trainer i got could not be nicer, no yelling and is very good about explaining things. He had me bring 5 days worth of clothes with stuff to do your laundry. I hope this helps. Good luck and will talk to you soon.

9. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    Corner,

Did you have to do another physical or did they except the paperwork you brought?

10. IdaRed

IdaRed Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2008
    denver, co
    once you're go for orientation, they'll have you do another DOT physical and UA at a clinic near home. if all goes well you go to orientation. if not, as was my case, they'll have you go to another clinic for a "fit for duty" exam. i passed that trial yesterday and will be there dec 9. i had a minor muscle strain last march that needed to be put to rest, even though i had a med release to return to duty as a local truck driver. if you have any concerns about this, let your recruiter know and you can get it taken care of before they need to reschedule your start date. i was originally slated for dec 2, but couldn't get in to the clinic because of the holiday so i'm sitting another week.

gordon's list of things to bring for training includes 3 wks worth of clothes. that sounds like a lot. any opinions? i hope i'll get to talk to my trainer before he picks me up so i can ask, but if anyone has advice on the subject, i'm listening.

11. CornerCarver

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    My trainer did say bring five days worth of clothes. I brought seven days worth, just in case. You can do laundry at a truck stop. I almost forgot, bring a sleeping bag. My trainer called me before I went to orientation. I got to go over things to bring and what not to, which worked out well. Take care and good luck

IdaRed Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.