Got more basic questions for truck driving gas money, direct deposit, taxes

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by skualiaseas, Apr 27, 2016.

1. skualiaseas

skualiaseas Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Chicago Illinois
    Sorry for asking basic and dumb questions I'm new to this and still considering it since I started loving trucks
    ever since I watched King Of The Hill episode where Hank goes truck driving :D

If a person drives around the area working, does the company give the driver a special fuel card to fill up the truck? then it get deducted from the companies money or does he pay out of his pocket? Or do they get free fuel when they finish the shift?

I know every one is gonna say yes about does do all truck companies have a direct deposit system where you just enter your bank account details and the money gets deposited into the bank account rather then just going every month picking up paper checks I don't like paper checks I'm gonna answer this on my own "yes they do".

Sadly I assume they take taxes is it the same rate for married people and single people lets say you make $,1200 and after taxes you get $900 does the married guy get $900 and the single guy gets $900 also?

P.S Also The company is not gonna be evil for not paying you? Like you work 150 hours this month then the company does not pay you D: They can't do that there's logs in the system.

Forgive me for my lousy English grammar.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Forget the word gas, it's called fuel

And yes the majority of companies do direct deposit

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Its fuel not gas. Youre new but for some reason guys get their panties in a twist about it.

If you drive for a company as a company driver and not o/o they give you a fuel card and the money comes out of the companies funds. That being said a lot of them will control where you buy fuel and how much you can purchase at each fuel stop.

In regards to pay all companies do direct deposit. For those who have no bank account like some drivers I know the above stated fuel card can double as an atm card. They can put you pay check on that then you go to atm or write a special check that the companies provide and truckstops cash. Some will mail checks but that is really inconvenient unless you have a spouse at home who take care of those.

Good questions. There are no dumb ones.

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    The big companies will give you a fuel card and they pay for the fuel.
    Yup, direct deposit
    And you'll fill out a W-4 that tells the company how much tax you want withheld from your pay checks .

6. skualiaseas

skualiaseas Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Chicago Illinois
    Thank you :D

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    No problems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.