Got stopped today. Terrible DOT Officers.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by JJKid, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Exactly, and at the same time look what happens to the quality of drivers, who in there right mind would deal with them crooks on a day to day basis if they could qualify for a better job/work environment! You leave the house at 3:30 AM, then home by 5:00 PM to work on the truck till dark. And these two DOT guys WILL take your lunch money every chance they get, lol.

Don't get me wrong, there are two other DOT guys working Northern Idaho that are great, and do there best to help us to be safer, and more informed drivers!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Up where I grew up it seemed we would get the new guys with the big egos. Fortunately back in the hay day about every 4th truck on the road was a logging truck and the DOT was more concerned about the new Canadians as the first group of them to get into trucking hardly did anything legal and their trucks were junk. Nowadays they aren't much of a problem since they learned how trucking works over here.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Around here, 3 out of 5 trucks are log trucks during the summer, and probably 1 out of 5 in the dead of winter. We definitely got the guys with big egos, and unfortunately these days they are the only ones willing to deal with it. There are a few darned good lady drivers, and they don’t look nothing like some of there freight haulin counterparts, lol, pure eye candy!:)

tsavory and AModelCat Thank this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    You could always try handing over an envelope full of $50 bills after all their only after a Christmas bonus :)

Mr.X Thanks this.
  6. skidrow

skidrow Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    somewhere everywhere usa

7. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Well ya know if we'd stick together and strike many some of this nonsense would go away...but neither is ever gonna happen.

8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Sure DOT is a pain but... Who else is gonna keep the junk off the road?? Not to mention the idiots that do cause wrecks. I've heard a few guys complain that the trucking industry ought to be allowed to police itself. Well, this industry has already proven it can't. (Swift, CR England, the Chicago 1099 outfits, etc)

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    so we aren't suppose to really use the horn yet get in trouble for not having it correctly but I know you should have one but just sayin

10. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Update -

My company disputed these violations and they were successfully removed via DATAQ. My safety manager is shocked himself but it was done! Very relieved. They will update my PSP record and remove the violations along with removing them from my companies record.

There is justice afterall!

11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    safety didn't try and ding you with anything

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.