Got to love dumb CRST Drivers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Fajo, Mar 29, 2015.

1. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Sounds like a ###### tank design. I could have diesel flowing out of the fill tube and still have air space at the top of my tanks...

MJ1657 and Joetro Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    When I say to the top of the cap im not exaggerating, he was filling it until you could see diesel coming out of the fill spout. Lol took him 20 min because he was dripping it in a little at a time. The sad part is this was in Oregon where fuel is not exactly the cheapest so why he was trying to get every drop I dont understand.

fyi, I should of thought of a different title. Not all CRST drivers are dumb and i never ment to imply that. Was just a CRST truck so put it in the title. Also drivers now adays are products of the industry, its not because someone is stupid or unintelligent its mostly because no one has ever showed them the correct way.

4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I had one guy get in my face when I was fueling bone dry tanks at the Love's in El Paso. He claimed I was taking too long and he had been there for a half hour, which was bull. He even went in to complain to the fuel desk. After they announced for me to move, I went in and told them it was me and I was still fueling. We had an exchange at the fuel desk after I pulled forward to get my receipt. He called me a fat #### and I pointed to him and said look who's talking.

Wild Murphy, UKJ and tucker Thank this.
  5. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    well I would agree about some never being showed the correct way, but then again there are others that are shown the correct way and told the correct way but yet they feel that their way is better......

UKJ Thanks this.
  6. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Probably needed them extra points so he could get a free hotdog!

truckon Thanks this.
  7. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Everyone learns. You should have flagged him down and let him know. I saw a guy getting ready to put DEF into his diesel tank. I could have watched him do it, laughed, maybe made a youtube video for a few thousand internet points. But instead I stopped him, and told him def doesn't go in diesel tanks.

We all learn, and we all had different teachers. Some of us got lucky and had good safe instructors who showed us the right way to do things.

Some of us got the guy who "Been' doin' this for fitty' years", so full of it his eyes are brown and just not knowledgeable and definitely not safe.

We're a family, when your brother or sister does something dumb you let them know. They may laugh at you and tell you something flippant. But I promise you if you had told that guy he was spitting fuel he would have looked, and even if he didn't act like it he would have been thankful. We have to watch out for each other, no one else is going to do it.

Lesliesr, kemosabi49, 91B20H8 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    you being a student at one time or another is not indicative of this entire forum.

Joetro and Mr.X Thank this.
  9. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    CRST

Can't
    Remember
    Sheet
    Trucking.

10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Crash &
    Rollover
    Stunt
    Team

11. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Says right on the tank to not overfill. I stop right at the base of the fill neck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.