Got what I said I always wanted: front row seat to stupidity.

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Infosaur, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Going down a congested highway, I see a stack of cars on the on ramp and trying to guess how many are going to try to "beat the truck" (that whole, "leave 200 feet" they tell you in school? Usually too tempting for cars to jump into)

Well the first car goes, the 2nd panics and jams on his brakes (dude STILL had like 100 feet, six car lengths) the 3rd car hesitates then decided to go around the 2nd car (now this guy I could be in danger of hitting if I didn see the whole thing unfolding in advance)

Well #3 BOUNCES off #2 and almost ####ing rolls RIGHT INTO MY LANE! Lucky for me I was watching my mirrors and knew I had enough room to cut the guy in the left lane off, if he'd been along side? I'd be out of options.

I'd submit the footage to the cops, but I was doing 50+ in a construction zone and somehow I think they'd slam me more than anything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    From Bucks County, were did this happen

4. Infosaur

422 in Pottstown. I believe it was the Armin-Hammer ramp.

I told safety to pull the footage from that unit's camera. (I hate to do that, now they'll see how much I pick my nose) I haven't heard back from him yet. Don't know if he's seen it yet, plans to submit it to the cops or just forget about it.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Submit the footage here we like when members post videos for us to critique, ask resident @scottied67 :rolleyes:

alds and tucker Thank this.
  6. Infosaur

Sorry, safety department has it now. I don't think they'll let me access it to post it.

I'm thinking I should have kept my mouth shut, I don't need a review.

7. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I prefer the back row seat to whatever, so I'll just flip the hazards on and gradually slow down to let the whole stack merge, often this clears the space behind my truck and nobody tries to merge in front, they'll actually slow way down not to, or speed up to remain far ahead. Seems to solve the problem. Consider that they may be basing their actions on yours, and what kind of example you could be setting there.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  8. Infosaur

So by your logic, every time you go down the interstate and see people on the ramp you come to a stop and let everyone on?

They really need to start teaching "right of way" rules in BASIC driver's ed (not even CDL school, just basic!) but judging by what I've seen from highly marked & visible driving school cars some of the teachers have less sense than students did when I was 16.

"Hey, this student needs 'highway experience' let's take him/her out to I-40 at rush hour and do 35 in the middle lane!"

Great, shut down the road AND terrify the student. That's not bone-headed at all.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Which way we're you going cause westbound trucks are suppose to be in the left lane but nevertheless I live here and people drive like idiots.

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

422/76/95/476 Reading to Philly is the worst place for anyone learning to drive. Way too many ######## that could give a F less about what your doing. You don't drive that black shaker with US Mail on the door do you?

11. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I'd bet he's Eastbound. That stop sign at Armand hammer on ramp is invisible between 530 and 8 am.

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.