GPS on Windshield.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by JJKid, May 20, 2015.

1. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    It is an electronic map, that is more up to date than any published map, and gives me the actual street map of any town USA. A very useful tool. Show me where I can get printed maps for every town and city in the USA, that are up to date?

flood, Western Sky and not4hire Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Plus all the time, distance, trip, points-of-interest, etc., information available in an instant. A terrifically valuable tool when used correctly. But, like any tool, use it wrong and you can get hurt.

Wooden wheels still go 'round too.

4. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    I can navigate to just about any large city even without a map, but a map won't take you to a delivery address no mater how many times you ask it.

5. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    The solution is obvious: Buy smaller wiper blades...

flood and truckon Thank this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Points of interest at your fingertips for one. Some people say 'trip plan and you won't need points of interest'. A deer ran out and suicided on my hood, I couldn't trip plan for that. Click on Points of Interest/Truck Dealers showed a Kenworth shop not too far up the road.

Ever make a wrong turn? The GPS will help you get back on track rather than pulling over to look at an atlas.

How about dispatch calls and asks for an updated ETA? OK my GPS says I will be there at 2100 tonite plus my ten hour break puts me into the customer at 0730 in the morning 2 hours before appointment time. Dispatcher says cool cuz the customer needs that product as soon as you can get it there.

not4hire Thanks this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Because we are not as smart as you is,

misterG Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    It's also nice to see what streets are coming up, like for where I need to turn.
    Sure I have a Rand McNally, but it doesn't show me streets in towns.
    But, I sure wish I was. Super Trucker like you are.

KenworthGuyNH and flood Thank this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    also driving in super thick Tule fog in California, the gps will tell you the street you need to turn on is .3 a mile ahead so you won't miss it.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i love the old farts that knock down the new farts because they didn't have the technology when they started, nor do they still use it today.

that's all find and dandy. but i bet you all jumped for joy when the 8 track player and cb come out. or was you all too good for THAT technology also.

11. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Man nothing pulled in Charlie Douglas and the Road Gang on WLW Cincinnati on cold winter nights better than that roof mounted Motorola AM I had in that old White...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.