GPS***

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by robbiecox6, Oct 27, 2013.

1. robbiecox6

robbiecox6 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Greenville, NC
    does the quallcomm have GPS on it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Yes. But depending on what the company pays for will depend on the options.

robbiecox6 Thanks this.
  4. Grymm

Grymm Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Denver,co
    Like mark said, depends on company. But dont expect to rely on gps.

robbiecox6 Thanks this.
  5. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Dude !! My qualcoms gps!! Kicks assss!!! I also hv a garmn 465mlt which is 80% good but!! I use these 2 and a map rt down all my main roads and goo!! Qualcom works great!! My co says use there qualcom cause they pay alot fir maps???

6. Grymm

Grymm Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Denver,co
    Dont rely 100% on GPS. it will cripple you when it goes down. be aware of how to get directions and understand them when GPS isn't working or when GPS is just wrong and leads you into residential neighborhood or deadend or low bridge.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Google maps helps a lot too; you can zoom in and see the area, where the docks are at, what entrance may be the one with the guard shack or the one to go in. Even though sometimes a place may new or google maps has it on the opposite side of town than where it really is. Using the directions given by the company can perhaps key you into the right place.

I have hunted out addresses for husband to use for his Rand McNally when it won't pull up an address. Esp. hard are the ones using County or Highway routes or new businesses. You can zoom in on the map and look for a business on a cross street with an actual name on it, or sometimes a street with a name on it will have a set of numbers on the street you can use. This will hopefully help you to at least get to the area and go from there.

GPS on qualcomm may not always follow the route solution sent, so there is a lot of it wants to go one way and you have to know beforehand how far to go on whatever road to get to the next road. Also sometimes they are sent fuel info that does not totally go with the route solution either.

I believe he mostly uses his Rand now with the help of google maps (me at home).

If the company you go to does not have the GPS to use, then I would really go with a good truck GPS. Don't totally rely on any of them, make sure you check road atlas for posted low bridges, the Rand and I believe all the rest have this built in, but don't let it be your guide.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.