Grain Hauling Companies of Illinois - General Topic

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by TopFlights, Jan 20, 2007.

1. TopFlights

TopFlights Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Alton Illinois

The company i drive for is called C-Grantham out of caseyville,Il.There equipment is newer pete 389's and 2002 or above 48 foot end dumps,and hoppers.It's a very good comapny almost zero turnovers, choice of local regional runs within 500 miles.Payed by the hour usually starting out at $15Hr -benifits/bluecross/retirement/dental etc etc.Work all year around averaging 8-14 hours a day and can work on weekends off.Overtime is paid and there not a bit scared of it.

TopFlights~

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TopFlights

Jul 14, 2006
    Alton Illinois

There is a TON of money to be made in it , especialy if you go O/O i see guys all day buy 1 truck and lease a hopperbottom or dump trailer and make $13-$22 per ton hauled at 24 1/2 to 26 tons and do this 10-12 loads a day easily making $7,500 a week.There are easy in's and out's of the grain hauling buisness and iam catching on very quickly.

Farmers are also buying there own trucks now because of the money to be made in hauling grain for the big ethanol and bio-disel prosessing plants.These places like cargill-ADM-Tate&Lyle are paying huge amounts of money to get this grain hauled and will continue for a very long time.

TopFlights~

4. Homeboy

Homeboy Light Load Member

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all

5. Attitude:)

Attitude:) "Love each Day as if it was your last"

Jul 13, 2007
    TX NM & CO
    I've seen two farmers I know here buy their own trucks this year. Hope they dont all do that lol! Normally it's been over 85% cotton but due to hail/rain they had to re-plant in corn and milo. I've never seen so many trucks in this tiny little town. I can't wait to get going.

Will work the cotton season driving again for the local gin, then be able to have everything paid up, insurance, LLC, registration, plus fuel and breakdown money. It's very hard sitting at home waiting on all this to get going. Here's this truck my son got just sittin next to the house hollaring for someone to get it going. I finally saw cotton bolls this week and some are defoliating in a few areas. Yayyyyy!!!

6. BJW

BJW Bobtail Member

May 19, 2007
    Springfield, IL
    Hey Topflights, the elevator in Waverly is the company I work for!Harvest is keeping me busy, but $12hr with no overtime pay sucks.I can work as much as I want(18 hour day last Monday)but am keeping an eye out for something better.This outfit is supposed to be building an ethanol plant so I'm trying to stick it out(been there a year)but this past summer was tough with the low hours and doing elevator chores(spraying weeds really sucked!After 8yrs trucking, felt a little degrading).Anyway, if you're up at Waverly look for Johnson trk#40 and give me a shout!Brad

7. roadaholic

roadaholic Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2007
    New Port Richey, Florida
    For whatever it's worth (and maybe not much), insurance companies require carriers to abide by THEIR rules to limit liability, so don't take it personally. Yes, you have a tremendous amount of experience, prolly make someone with two years or less of OTR blush and wish they could have some of that to make their daily driving lives easier. But rules are rules. Remember, the insurance gods make most of them.

I start CDL school on the first up in Arkansas. I drove military and farm trucks for years before retiring (forget asking me why I'm doing this - well, obviously, money), but as far as the carrier I'm going to drive for is concerned, I'm dumber than a sack of hammers, and I need to learn to operate a truck. I'll do it. That's the price going in.

Whatever you decide to do in terms of OTR, you'll be required to take their 'Bootcamp' one-week course, and prolly get on a truck with someone for another week or two. Here's a suggestion, although the Moderator may frown upon it, I dunno, but it may be of help to you; Call this lady in recruiting at CFI, and she'll give you the straight-up skinney on what will be required of you. They don't mess around with people's money, and they get you home fairly close to when you hilite to get there, and other than that, they're a trucking company, if you know what I mean.

8. TopFlights

Jul 14, 2006
    Alton Illinois
    Hey man , i sure will next time im up that way , been hauling gluten to ADM along with that stinkin ### fish meal here lately , getting a break from the fields and all the #### dusty bees wings.Hope to see ya around hand,Have a good one.

TopFlights~

9. TopFlights

Jul 14, 2006
    Alton Illinois
    Brother you will do fine, i wish you the best of luck.

TopFlights~

10. TopFlights

Jul 14, 2006
    Alton Illinois
    I believe they hire within a 55 mile radius of st louis ,and a few places in indiana. Beelman trucking is also a good company with alot of long hauls that hire out a rather largely area in the u.s.

TopFlights~

11. Pitbull

Pitbull Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2007
    everywhere,USA
    Sounds like a good deal. I live near you topflight im in Edwardsville. I need a change. Im OTR with JB Hunt and my last 3 checks have been $300 or less. Can you send me more info either in an email or PM plz.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.