GREAT PLAINS TRANSPORT, Horrible Company.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Experienced Driver, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crappedouttrucker

crappedouttrucker Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2016
    i have talked to a few drivers that work here. they came to me looking for work. I don't hire job hoppers!!!! from what they told me. it sounds like there not seeing the weekly settlement statements. i think that's where they are getting the stealing bit from. i have also heard that dispatch is assigning late loads. and then not rescheduling the appoints until the last minute. never heard any of them say unsafe equipment. so i think the op is a real job hopping loser.....

4. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    That late load thing happens at every company I've been with over the years, nothing new. Usually if I do get one of those and I can still pick it up and they can get the appointment fixed or have the receiver work me in then I'll go grab the load and get moving with it. I think the op must've been coming on here with different accounts or something. The equipment is in good shape, and if I find something that's unsafe or will get me dinged on an inspection then I've had no problem getting it repaired.

5. crappedouttrucker

crappedouttrucker Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2016
    i can say outta the few drivers that came to me for work from there. there was only one that i wanted to hire. he had 2 driving jobs in 10 years. and the total of 4 jobs in 2o years. I had the truck to put him in. just don't have the freight for it. after the holidays i park 5 trucks because the drivers quit or wouldn't return to work. typical with job hoppers. so i didn't renew the permits for them and dropped them off the insurance. and reduced the amount of freight i was taking. and put the other 5 drivers on a hazmat run i have.they've been with me for years. really hated to let the freight go. the cost of hiring new drivers every 3 to 6 months and the cost of each truck to operate. out weighed the very,very narrow profit margin. get the picture? hurts us just as bad as it does the drivers.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Keep them moving and making good money and in respectable equipment and they'll stay put. Get the picture?

7. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    buy your own truck and trailer, get your own customers and hire yourself. or find a guy to work for who understands you had many jobs because most of these "otr carriers" are all the same

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. TomatoMan

TomatoMan Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2014
    They are all the same, just a different color truck...

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Remember, you are the final determine of the equiptment is safe or not. work through your pretrip listing and writing every defect, Hand same to shop.

If they take money, record or save the payroll reciepts for potential future use. They will take absolutely ANY money you borrow with comcheck for example.

Miles is paid household guide zip code to zip code. Not actual ground miles. If the truck and you drove 1000 miles to candyland ... you are going to expect about a 20% cut to 800 paid miles.

Why did you listen to the world promises? Are you that gullible? You and your own life is what you make it. Not them.

Finally the rest of it is rather short on details. I would imagine by page two of this thread more of your story will come to light.

Anonymousproxy and TST65 Thank this.
  10. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    I'm not even sure the original poster is still on here. Basically made one vague post and that was it.

drvrtech77 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Agreed.

I will leave what I wrote on there for benefit of the FNG's

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.