greatwide ripoff!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jake, Jan 28, 2008.

1. nonstop

nonstop Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    We keep thinking that they will sell the flat div. Cheetah,Dallas Mavis,ATF,or we hope they do.:yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    Nevermind you wont ever get it..not even going to try to explain it to you.. You aren't able to get it.. best of luck.. Its like Willy Wonka said its all there black and white clear as day.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. patmat

patmat Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Thank you..... it sounds like you are a dedicated wife. I respect that a lot. I hope I didn't upset you. I have not meant to sound like one job is better or tougher. Both are completely different with completely different challanges. But one thing they have in common is that both need to have respect for the other. It would be nice if GW created a work environment where it was easier to form mutual respect between the office and contractors. They would have to stop the dis honesty and start viewing employees like humans and not numbers and dollar signs. GW treats all the staff as if they are only $$ to them. People who care about other people and who care about an honest days work and a job well done and who have self respect and standards, those people don't fit in. GW screams teamwork and "driver driven". But liars say whatever they want, they don't have to follow through with anything since none of their words meant anything in the first place.

nonstop Thanks this.
  5. nonstop

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    No,you have not upset me at all.GW is owned by a group of investors,all they see in any employee is $$.They do alot of things that are at least unethical,like saying loads aren't brokered when they are.I went on the truck all last year,for the most part I enjoyed it.I don't like tarping in the wind or rain or unchaining in Wi.in 30 below temps.I don't see GW changing,we are trying to get enough ahead so we can make our own decision on which direction (as for employment) to go.:biggrin_25526:

6. patmat

patmat Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Well good luck nonstop. Hope you guys are able to save enough $ so you can make a change if you decided that's what is best. Try not to let them get the best of you. I wasn't able to do that and ended up walking away.

nonstop Thanks this.
  7. allan h

allan h Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I have had same problem with them. The loads that i do get r the loads that drivers fall off or have pick more than 1 load. I call them the suck a%$^ that run every day. There r some really good drivers at the DC that i run out of but r loosein there truck because of terminal managment allowing these drivers to run like this an not payin the fuel surcharge an other stuff. I started out with CRL they where on the up an up but since it changed hands it has gone to hell in a hand baskiet.

8. nonstop

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    This seems to be the same with every company that GW buys.They were good companies,with satisfied drivers until GW takes over.:biggrin_25513:

9. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    Alan I run everyday.. I don't consider myself a suck ### though in fact I know I am not I can't seem to get a good load every load I get has a backhaul on it but I have learned to make lemonade out of lemons. Seems this is the only way to make money anymore is to get the fall offs and get a call first the next day. If they arent paying the fuel surcharge you have ways of forcing that.. If it is not being updated that is a wal mart thing assuming you are at a wmt dc. Wmt does tell them what the fcs is going to be, which is crap but what can ya do.

10. lee4519

lee4519 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2011
    The company i pulled for stop paying fuel surcharge but i discovered later that my carrier was collecting fuel surcharge from customers and keeping it all. DONT EVER TRUST YOUR CARRIER!!!!! IF they can get away with stealing from you they will! You are a business you have the right to ask the customers if they are paying surcharge.

11. yellow cat

yellow cat Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2011
    miramar,florida
    What happened to Greatwide and publix was that public wanted them to keep the the south point name because of conflict of interest in pulling for walmart.Greatwide refused to keep the south point name.when the contract with south point was up,publix put the contract up for bid and the company called aax thats owned by the 2football players got the contract.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.