GunMetal345's Tanker Lease Experience

Discussion in 'Prime' started by GunMetal345, Jun 30, 2013.

1. GunMetal345

GunMetal345 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    All 48 and Canada. Hitting the rail yards also. I'm in the Temperature Control Division. Miles good so far going to put in for home time and see how they do with that in a few days.

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Don't "fume!" Evaluate and figure out a better plan. I learned the most from the ventures that DIDN'T work out!!

Ketchikan baby and Lalito1234 Thank this.
  4. GunMetal345

Mar 31, 2013
    IP, I've had two failed ventures in one year. I need some time before I even think about the next one, whatever that is.

I just need to make some money for now. Thanks though.

freeranger Thanks this.
  5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Totally understand... been there myself. And it is frustrating.

GunMetal345 Thanks this.
  6. kingofclean

kingofclean Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    that's the tough part of the o/o - l/o "game". Guys like GM had a good plan and executed it to the best of his ability, and it just was not enough to keep him in the game. Perhaps if his wife was willing to "ride along" that would have alleviated the sting of being away from your loved ones for so long. (no mention of children?) Also people outside of trucking will never understand how you can run a load 3000 miles and come out owing $180. kids will never understand why you have to run for several months straight to stay in business when the guy next door is home every night and weekends. Wife will for a while, but...... lesson, if you have a family, don't do it even if they say its ok. if your single and unencumbered, and can dedicate yourself for a lease term (the whole term) you can be successful. its a different world out here guys. Don't expect regular folk to understand..... Good luck GM and don't give up on the idea, just do it at a better time, (and see if you can talk the wifey into a CDL) god bless....

Ketchikan baby and GunMetal345 Thank this.
  7. acido22

acido22 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    I think if you are a good company driver just ask your fleet manager that u wanna go lease and that if everything goes south if he is willing to take u back, talk to him 2-3 week b4 .i know a few driver that have come back to company from lease.

8. acido22

acido22 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    [I think what he did wrong was wasting all that time trying to fix that apu,
    QUOTE=kingofclean;3902278]that's the tough part of the o/o - l/o "game". Guys like GM had a good plan and executed it to the best of his ability, and it just was not enough to keep him in the game. Perhaps if his wife was willing to "ride along" that would have alleviated the sting of being away from your loved ones for so long. (no mention of children?) Also people outside of trucking will never understand how you can run a load 3000 miles and come out owing $180. kids will never understand why you have to run for several months straight to stay in business when the guy next door is home every night and weekends. Wife will for a while, but...... lesson, if you have a family, don't do it even if they say its ok. if your single and unencumbered, and can dedicate yourself for a lease term (the whole term) you can be successful. its a different world out here guys. Don't expect regular folk to understand..... Good luck GM and don't give up on the idea, just do it at a better time, (and see if you can talk the wifey into a CDL) god bless....[/QUOTE]

GunMetal345 Thanks this.
  9. GunMetal345

Mar 31, 2013
    Driving in a 7 on 7 off fleet now. Still trucking.

darthanubis and daf105paccar Thank this.
  10. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    Nice gunmetal. So you run for 7 days then your off for 7? Or you run for 7 weeks then get 1 week off. 1 day off for every week out kinda thing?

darthanubis Thanks this.
  11. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Who are you with now? I think you was with Celadon after you left the tanker division but not sure. Hope you are doing well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.