GunMetal345's Tanker Lease Experience

Discussion in 'Prime' started by GunMetal345, Jun 30, 2013.

1. GunMetal345

GunMetal345 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    7 days on and 7 days off. I was having issues with two weeks, lol.

darthanubis, harlycharly55 and mattbnr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    You deserve a standing ovation for your persistence and setting aside your ego to post honestly your ups and downs. There's a lot of people out there who would have just whined, complained and blamed everything/everyone else for them not meeting their goals. You set out to do something, gave it your best shot and even though you did not accomplish your initial goal you provided a huge service to the trucking and thinking-about-trucking community. Sounds like in the end you were just blindsided by one of those curve balls life throws at us sometimes. Thank you for your candor and best wishes on your future endeavors.

4. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Just a reminder, GM!

Hope all is still going well for you.

:biggrin_25525:

darthanubis Thanks this.
  5. sleepily

sleepily Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Somewhere, Rhode Island
    I think this is a wonderfully informative thread, but I think it also seems to serve as a lesson.

As a LO, you're competing with a massive industry that sets rates of pay and profitability on moving a load as quickly and as often as possible. Taking a lot of time off is not profitable.

There are no shortcuts on maintainence. The profit plan must include downtime for maintainence (planned, and unplanned) as well as accidents.

Never short yourself. Have a plan to get out if it goes bad, and have a substantial cushion. With deference to the LO in this thread, it doesn't seem possible to run a truck with zero working capital and go into debt.

I am curious to see if there are successful profithe plans when leasing on Prime. What assumptions do you use?

darthanubis and DocMarten Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.