H&S radio shop I 65, exit 240 IN.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TheDude1969, Jul 29, 2016.

1. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    Last week it dawned on me I haven't herd him (Howard) on the radio for some time, didn't think much more of it... Then Wed. night I hear from exit# 230 a guy named Radio Dr. (or Dr. Radio I forget?) working both the Loves and TA in a mobile.

I asked and got answers everything from Howard retired, he's open, got a day job, etc... Anyone know for sure if he is done? (I'll miss him, if this is true)

Also, does anyone know this Radio Dr. at the 230? He claims he's been at this for 27 yrs, and just took a few years off. <---I have a hard time trusting anyone in a mobile shop, but I'm listening if anyone has something good to say.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I just called Howard and got his voicemail so it sounds like he's still in business.
    Unless you can hear the radio doctor from 100 miles away I don't think I'd mess with his Services unless it's simply changing light bulbs or cold solder joints

TheDude1969 and bored silly Thank this.
  4. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Howard is still there at whatever his regular hours are.. but he leaves early if it's slow or he's caught up on what work he has going. got a telex turner off him about a week and a half ago .....

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    He does better work than the idiots at Walcott

6. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    they did not work on my radio at Walcott dumb ###. when I catch up to mark again and I will I'll put both my radios on his table or bench whatever and put a $100 bill on top of each radio and have another two $100 bills in my pocket . these idiots want to talk about antennas all the time well guess what if it doesn't perform on a field strength meter.it's not gonna do crap on their truck period......

7. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    I tweak my equipment all the time with various quality product.. I know who the best tech out here is.. and it's not the equipment he runs its how he handles his business...... real simple with mark there my man $$$$$ talks and b.s. walks. he smells people's b.s. right away...

8. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    and the best antenna builder out there. does not build them anymore because he was in a bad car accident. he sold a $325 antenna with tax. that will blow any antenna out here.right out of the water... I know someone who runs one it's a mobile antenna you can run on a car or tractor trailer. you would literally have to take it off all the time or it some broke loser would steal. radio's antennas and everything else in life is common sense.which most people have very little of.

9. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    I can't even spell right because I've been up two days straight running my ### off. good night

10. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    he'll never touch my radios either like Walcott... I thought you were smarter than you really are...Howard runs his mouth too much and loses his train of thought and what he's doing....there are two techs out there mark being one.. who don't run there mouths too other customers while working on your radio. with mark you walk away after you discuss what you want done. and ask him when he wants you to check back with him... I dissapper for 3/4 hours and let him do his magic.....you'll piss him off if you bother him while he working... that's a huge part of what makes him the best there is

11. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    What kind of antenna is it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.