Hadley ride height valves?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Ozdriver, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Ozdriver

Ozdriver Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Australia
    image.jpeg Anyone had experience with Hadley ride height valves? When they are new, they have no side-to-side play where they pivot. On my KW and converter dolly, they've now got a considerable amount of play. I've bought four new ones but haven't really got time to fit them until I've done the next trip. Have they been known to break? They aren't leaking air.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gunner76

gunner76 Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2010
    IA
    I have the same valve on my 9900 and I have to replace it about once a year. It doesn't leak but gets to where it will not hold a consistent setting, my ride height will vary by as much as an inch or two when they get really bad. I've never had one break though.

Ozdriver Thanks this.
  4. Ozdriver

Oct 16, 2015
    Australia
    That's what happening to the KW. It's got right and left hand valves which makes it worse. I'll see if I can change the ones on the KW today. On the dolly it's not so bad, it's got valves for the front and rear axle.

5. gunner76

gunner76 Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2010
    IA
    I'm glad my truck isn't set up like that, anyway to just run everything through one valve to make it simpler or does the increased weights you haul require more valves?

6. Ozdriver

Oct 16, 2015
    Australia
    All KWs in Australia run two valves and always have done. I was at a KW dealership last week and all the new trucks waiting on pre-delivery were running Hadley valves like mine.
    Probably because some of our back roads have got huge cambers and can be in bad condition. Once you're out of the cities the roads can get pretty bad. With fast acting valves like the Hadley the truck seems to stand up better on bends. I've got an idea Mack and Western Star might run two if you option them. Not sure about the other brands.

gunner76 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.