hahn transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by wiseguy, Aug 31, 2016.

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Bobtail Member

May 28, 2012
    jersey city nj
    quick question. anyone have and details on Hahn out of newmarket md? i cant really find anything online

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I ran for them long ago.

They do Fuel, Cement, Mortar, (Dry bulk) and stone.

In Cement you load out previous day, turn it into the yard, then come back after your night rest at 2AM, fuel pretrip, get your oil checked etc and leave by 3 not later. You are due somehere to unload at 300 miles or less. There will be batches of trucks racing to Arlington Pentagon, Rockville Fuel and Feed and over towards Baltimore portland circle cement to load back to ready mix everywhere.

You also have a Union Bridge Operation, The Maryland Midland railroad daily works this quarry and deliver cement to which YOU will load and deliver else where. You will be dealing and watching to be sure you don\'t get run over by the F Unit.

You will be trained in a few weeks. You will be tested to find your flaws.

One of those might be your lungs, you will be issued a face respeator capable of defending you against inhaled silica, stone or cement. That will kill you. (It's killing me slowly with other things having first dibs on my soul... that will kill me before the lungs do...)

The closest competiton to Hahn will be DM Bowman out of Frederick running Lime to Tamko on English Muffin Road for Shingles out of Bittenger PA off 30.

Remember my time with Hahn was more than 30 years ago, I doubt they are still alive, the ones whose Mack Hood I destroyed one fine day when a ready mix suit came out and demanded me to move my truck to silo NOW. So I moved it and caused 10K in damage to the other han truck nose to tail with me. It's a waste. They took pleasure in firing me.

That wont stop me from helping you learn what you can. Bygones are bygones.

wiseguy Thanks this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    When I was pulling cement from Hagerstown last summer I'd see their trucks pretty often. Mostly older equipment, but looked to be well maintained. I know they used to get downright pissy when there was a line to load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.