Hair follicle drug testing...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JRTBud, Sep 26, 2011.

1. geargrinder

geargrinder Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Hair follicle testing is not approved by the DOT. I guess these companies can use the testing for internal purposes and hiring decisions. However, they can not report them as DOT tests because they are not DOT tests.

2. geargrinder

Thanks Received:
    Why not test every politician, judge, teacher, cop, fireman - oh heck just have everybody go to the State Clinic once a month and get tested. If you're doing stuff, you are defective, and get sterilized.

Leftnut Thanks this.
  3. geargrinder

Thanks Received:

HAIR FOLLICLE TESTING IS NOT APPROVED BY THE DOT. It took the DOT years to approve changes to the Chain of Custody form. It'll take decades for the DOT to approve changing the methodology/technology for testing.

The window for hair follicle testing is so big that the results become useless. The testing companies state that for accidents that UA or Blood testing are more appropriate.

Finally, if Schneider, Knight, and whoever else are altering the means and methods of testing, then what is to prevent them from changing WHAT they are testing for.

I don't subscribe to the "take anything you want from me cuz I got nothing to hide" school of thought. That type of dim witted thinking gets us gems like the Patriot Act and more recently the National Defense Authorization Act.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  4. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    its a free country and if the companies choose to do that then thats what they choose to do if a person does not like it then feel free not to work in it thats for anyone out there and i agree people gettin free money should be tested

5. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Thanks Received:

Couldn't agree with you More

Draft saved Draft deleted