Haney driver murdered at Redding TA

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by double yellow, Aug 13, 2016.

1. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

I am/was too...but decided to cut my losses. I do miss parts of it sometimes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Ive stayed in that T/S many times. Seems like the last place you could get killed.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    In California you can legally keep your firearms locked up in a storage locker which you will have access to from 0600 AM to 2100 PM. So when Mr. Burglar comes in at 2300, just tell him to reschedule so you can get your guns and make it a fair contest.

Dharok and Opus Thank this.
  5. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I could understand getting killed at the Indy Pilot but not here.

6. roadranger550

roadranger550 Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2016
    You haven't heard about "Smartdrive"? It records everything IN the cab, and also has a forward facing camera? https://www.smartdrive.net/smartdrivesafety.aspx

Want privacy that much that they can see and record everything you do in the cab, as well as anything you say on the CB or your cellphone, or mutter when someone cuts you off? Not me.

I quit driving for a company that installed those Big Brother devices. Oh yeah and its ALL transmitted to India, where foreign non-drivers get to see it all, as well as your dispatch/safety department too.

No thanks, I'll pass!! I value my privacy too much for that. Take that away and you just put a driver under a microscope with NO privacy, which mean freedom to me. Forward Cam is OK with
    me since I dont tailgate, and I dont get into accidents. "Trust, but verify", my sweet arse!!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    jsnell and Anonymousproxy Thank this.
  7. roadranger550

roadranger550 Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Yeah, I never thought of Redding, CA as being unsafe, and it usually is safe. The problem is that lots of Meth-heads and live in the foothills and mountain country of Norcal, cooking up their dope.

Perp probably needed a fix so he kills a man for it. Lots of marijuana grown up in Norcal too, but pot-heads dont normally do such things.

8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    So nutjob brown is going to regulate cow gas? He must be related to the Manson family or something. And I though the government in my state (NY) was FUBAR.

jsnell and DrFlush Thank this.
  9. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    It almost seems like we're in competition to see who is the most screwed up

jsnell Thanks this.
  10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.