hartt transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by buck and a half, Nov 16, 2007.

1. peterbuilt_379

peterbuilt_379 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2009
    New Portland, Maine
    hey buck and a half i read you and everyone elses posts on this thread and i have to tell you there is a reason that one person said u sounded like a recruiter everything you have said is exactly like what my recruiter told me i am currently applying to hartt is everything you said true right to a T?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    I have sent my application to eh HArtt and havent heard from them. Are they hiring???? I was told by a driver from there they are hiring fo rthe Tic.NY area to run to Ky??? Itold him I would liek to due that since I live in Vermont(close) also that i love to keep my truck very clen insdie and out and wheels and tanks polished and he said you are hired right off, Willam HArtt like that. so can anyone help me out are they hiring and how do find out

4. Jbuddin1

Jbuddin1 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Gable, SC
    Does Hartt have a riders policy. My eife loves to ride.

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Hartt only hires drivers with one year. :( Otherwise I too would have gone with them. I was talking with Bangor Freightliner and the salesman seemed to think Hartt's has 2 terminals? One in New Jersey and other in Texas? I havent been able to confirm this.

Pottles only hires drivers with 2 years experience. The one good thing I can say is that at least the fellow in charge of hiring was willing to talk with me. Where Hartt's the secretary shoos you away. When I was at Pottles the man in charge of hiring said he had enough drivers that wanted in for the next year or so. So you could apply, just dont expect anything back.

6. wild horse

wild horse Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Gardiner, ME
    Hartt has 4 terminal's and yes they want 1 year.. They have rider and pet policy also...

Terminals are in Bangor and Auburn ME, Sumter SC and Fulton KY.. my advice is to avoid Hartt... Since I've worked for them (over a 2 year period) my car was flooded in the Auburn yard, argued with them about detailing it since no one in the company let driver's know. I go out of my way and change plans with my wife at a moments notice and on my day off and still dont get any respect.. Assigned truck, yeah right! Don't leave nothing in it over the weekend even with the doors locked! just had my CB stolen with locked doors, nice co-workers! I went from working days to a contracted account which the loads leave around 2am and since I am a "Local" driver paid hourly, I'm still getting my day pay and no night incentive which when I asked about the night incentive, $1.00/hour more, I was told that I start in the morning...

7. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    I was excepted at Hartt but now reading this post I dont know any one else help me out

8. bigchuckie

bigchuckie Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Middle of nowhere maine
    You do what you feel like Hartt is a good company better than alot of The big time companies. I see that you live in VT. Chances are you will keep your truck at home when not out working. Auburn is a fairly big city for Maine. Crime is rampant there as anywhere else. As far as the poster goes in that thread. I am not picking on him but he should be thankful to be working at all I jsut agot the axe from a 23.00 dollar an hour job. Sux to be me today

9. wild horse

wild horse Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Gardiner, ME
    As the other person said with you living in Vt more then likely you will have your truck at home. I have to park in the Auburn terminal since I'm a local driver on a contracted account. I've been at Hartt for 2 1/2 years and had my ups and downs along the way but have never had to remove anything from my truck over the weekend and when I lock the truck doors, it just puts it back to a co-worker.

A update on my stolen CB... Microphone was found in the back part of the terminal parking lot and the radio was found in the front, which was found all smashed up from being run over by the trucks.

10. stbwell

stbwell Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Hi Buck

Do you know if hart hires in the Buffalo,Ny area? what hom time is? and can I run basically south and midwest from this area?
    Thanks...

11. HauntedbyMyself

HauntedbyMyself Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2010
    bangor me
    i have been driving for Hartt for 12 years there r good things and bad i pull flatbeds so i dont have to deal with the politics that the van driversdo if u learn how to play the game you will be alright at Hartt the company isnt as driver friendly as they used to be it has become more about the money then the drivers but it is only because of a few people that have been put in positions of power that have never done our job or have forgotten what its like to do our job and think that drivers r chimpsi know how to play the game and i have a long standing relationship with the owner and his family Billy Hartt the owner is a fair and reasonable man so the company is a good place for me and i do well with Hartt alot of people dont make it at Hartt some times they r the designers of their own demise sometimes its the company buyer beware do your homework

JustSonny Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.