Has anyone heard of Stryker radios?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Roadhound, May 3, 2007.

1. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    You have every right to go on 10 meters ( 28.000 - 29.700 Mhz ) AFTER you go get a HAM RADIO LICENSE .....

Fact is 99.999% of truckers CAN get that license many have until then just like you need a CDL to drive a truck or you take your chances Don't blame the HAMS any more than a unlicensed driver would blame the cops ......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA

and I say I enjoy whats out there. :biggrin_25525:

v chips, block channels, lots of stuff you can do.

FCC is a bunch of crap anyway

4. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    BINGO ......

YOU control what you want to hear by changing channels .....
    I work at a JAIL and I hear the we do what we want all the time ....
    If I want your truck I take it ....
    If i like your TV I take it .......

Some never get it if you don't like a law get it CHANGED ....

5. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Wulfman, you obviously don't have kids. Very sneaky critters they are! :biggrin_25524:

6. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    :biggrin_2556: Kids Sneaky :biggrin_2556:

7. wulfman75

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I"m just saying tv doesn't ruin kids. If you don't like what's on there are ways to not be exposed to it.

Not trying to argue with you here, just saying.

8. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I know you aren't trying to argue. I am not either. But if you look back years ago shows were more family friendly and wholesome and the shows were clean. The morals in this country have declined to the point where anything is acceptable now. Yes it is the parents job to police their kids but you can not be around them 24/7 sitting on top of them. Mine are older and go to friends houses. Am I suppose to go with them and watch every move they make? No, I would like to think they would do the right thing but they don't. I didn't when I was a teen.

So it would be nice to have the FCC actually doing the right thing and policing what is on the AIRWAVES coming into my house into the TV instead of being concerned with me getting on the 28-29.7 mhz radio band and having a conversation with someone. If it makes them feel better that I have a little card saying I am allowed on those channels then I will go take their little test so I as an ADULT can get on the upper frequencies.

If one want's to watch garbage shows so bad, they can go buy it on dvd from the store. And if you say kids are not being messed up by TV, you are partly right. They are being messed up by TV, music, parents not doing their job, etc...

Off soapbox now...:biggrin_25514:

What was the thread topic in here?!

9. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    The FCC required the lock out chips so that you could lock out what you don't want your kids to see .... I AGREE it should be your call My kid did not watch anything we did not want him to and he is 27 now.

As for policing radio The 10 meter band is NOT CB world wide there are no rights given to unlicensed users either under ITU ( world wide ) or FCC rules and just like any other band the FCC as bad as they are do respond to reports of illegal stations ..... out side of the Ham bands they don't care and as a long time licensed HAM I don't either ........

You can freeband all you want ftom 25.000 - 27.999 mhz it is a problem for the people who have licenses for thoes frequencies ..... NOT HAMS.

10. wulfman75

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Not true, I grew up with a lot of smut on the tv, and I turned out fine. lmao

TV and music do not ruin your kids, didn't ruin me, didn't ruin the guys I grew up with. It's an excuse that people who don't take the time to be with their kids use. Not in anyway am I referring to you or how you raise your kids.

As far as getting the garbage off tv, somebody please ban reality tv!!!!!!

sorry for the hijack back to the original scheduled program...

11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Are those rose colored glasses you are wearing?!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.