Have any of you opted to have a hotel room just for yourself?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by bluejet, Apr 10, 2016.

1. bluejet

bluejet Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Looking to go to a school to get my CDL. Not too keen on sleeping with 2-3 total strangers I've just met. Would rather have a room to myself. Anyone else taken this route? How much did it cost?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Unless it happened to be 2-3 really hot bi curious women than im pretty sure it wouldn't even be a question. Did they mention this ahead of time?

Scooter Jones and morpheus Thank this.
  4. bluejet

Nov 8, 2014
    LOL that I would have no problem with. I actually filled out a few applications earlier today and will be getting calls from three companies tomorrow. Just wanted to see if I could get an answer beforehand. Only reason I asked is because reading all these threads, a lot of people say you will be sharing a room with 2-3 other people.

5. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Chicago IL
    Me personally, I would pay for my own room, I wouldn't want to share a room with strangers, had to do it once and I'll never do it again.

6. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I always paid for a private room, normally only runs about 15-25$ a night more. The company will have lower rates contracted with the motel, and getting a private room just means you pay 50% of the contract rate.

bluejet Thanks this.
  7. bluejet

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks. Do you have to have the cash when you go and pay upfront or is it added to what you pay them back after school is over?

8. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I would assume it would be upfront, if they are footing the bill for your tuition/school they would need to keep their costs down.

9. bluejet

Nov 8, 2014
    That makes sense. so paying 50% of the contract rate means I will pay $7.50-$12.50, correct?

10. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    How are you going to share a truck with a stranger if you can't handle a hotel?

Just kidding. I would do the same.

11. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I did this when I started out with Wiener. Paid an extra 20-30 per night. It's worth every penny.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.