Having issue with Volvo autoshift

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by HwyDragon, Oct 10, 2016.

1. HwyDragon

HwyDragon Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm some what new here, first time posting but I've always used this site every time I had issues and its helped out every time. BTW, my issue I'm having with my Volvo Autoshift is that every time the truck is in 11th gear it begins to either jerk, slow down, or refuses to shift into 12th unless I force it to manually. If I force shift it manually it will jerk constantly for some time then eventually stop for a few hundred miles then start again. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Also I took it to a TA to get the issue diagnosed and the only code it gave was a fuse shortage. I got that taken care of but it hasn't fixed the problem at all.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    What year is your truck?

4. HwyDragon

Jul 27, 2015

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    You have ishift, it should be under warranty till 750k miles. Not many people know how to work on those besides dealers. I got an older Volvo with Eaton Auto shift, had similar problem and ended up replacing few sensors

KB3MMX and HwyDragon Thank this.
  6. HwyDragon

Jul 27, 2015
    Hopefully its just a few rotten sensors and not the tranny wearing out

7. ryanbob1

ryanbob1 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2016
    check codes if any if someone you know has vcads dealers will have it anyways tell them to re calibrate the gearbox and do the gears test on vcads this should narrow your problem down, hear while they are doing both tests for any air leaks, have you had any air dryer problems if so make there is no water in all the air tanks, as this will affect the electronically operated solenoids to fail in the gearbox lid , after that you may have to pull the lid off the gearbox and look inside the lid itself it has 4 selector forks for memory if you heard any air leaking while they were testing you will need to put a new seal kit around $400 in aus

8. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    There is a service note that i-shift wont shift 4 to 5 ....
    Maybe same prob

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. HwyDragon

Jul 27, 2015
    Appreciate all the responses guys, but turns out some kind of kill switch in the same location as the batteries got flipped. According to our terminal's mechanic.

10. HwyDragon

Jul 27, 2015
    Being a Volvo, not surprised it was an electrical issue.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.