Heading back to Pride

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Snowshoes, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Well, I tried to do something where I thought I would be home every night...yeah...not so much.
    I tried driving cement mixer. Wow talk about a job. There is a great deal more to that than I ever imagined. Now, I could do the job, but not to the standard that I wanted to. Besides, when I was home, all I did was sleep because of all the strange hours. We would work around 10-14 hours a day, constant running, so when I got home all I wanted to do was eat dinner then go to bed, my wife said she seen me more when I was driving for Pride Dedicated Service.

Well, needless to say, I'm going back. I can have a family member with me, I can have satellite television, Serius/XM. decent equipment. I truly think Pride is the best out there, and I am looking forward to going back.

BeanDip Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good for you, man.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Yep...just about every thread has atleast one post by atleast one member that says "why not look for a local job" or "you should check on local jobs". Well; I don't know how many of them actually have or had a local job...but I HAVE---and I been saying for years, that it is not all it is cut out to be.
    Most 'decent paying' local jobs have you working your maximum hours...and then throw in your commute to and from work...and there is no time left in your day to do anything but shower, eat, and hit the sack.

How much better is a life like that? To me....none. Because the only REAL free time on a local job is weekends, and I can and do get that over the road.

Everyone is different. OTR I can get the same (or better) check, and work less, and have the same amount of quality time off. Work smarter, not harder.

5. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca

YES! This!

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  6. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Exactly how I feel. Well said. Thanks

7. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I got my truck today, a newerish, 2014 Freightliner. Fridge, TV, Serius, plenty of room for when one of my family goes with me. Automatic. I would rather have manual, but I have driven automatic before and it really isn't all that bad. I would just prefer manual. but the truck is in great shape (still looks brand new), and Pride has a great maintenance program.

mosstrap Thanks this.
  8. runningfr8

runningfr8 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2015
    all depends where you live and whats out there...hope your happy in your choice

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  9. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I've had 3 different local jobs since I got my cdl and I'm much happier OTR. I'm not going to ask that guy what company it is but someone should. I'm excited to hear what company is so good it's worth saying the same thing 3 times within an hour.

Puppage, Snowshoes and Smoken0221 Thank this.
  10. Smoken0221

Smoken0221 Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    That dude is doing the same thing on my post.. spam anyone? :O

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  11. Smoken0221

Smoken0221 Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Good for you dude. I've heard they are really a driver oriented company. Talked to a driver in Oak grove Missouri on a 34 hr restart and he took me on a tour. I was jealous of all the amenities he had in that shaker. If I had a little more experience I'd be knocking on they're door. My grandpa said they're a subsidiary of stormin mormon though (CR England). Anyway, Hope all goes well with you and pride transport driver.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.