Heading to Millington, TN for training with Swift

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JpattTrucker, Aug 7, 2013.

1. JpattTrucker

JpattTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    So where did you go afterwards Marky?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    So you wanna make ur credit worst? Lol credit is almost everything now days.

4. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    Anyone got any info on how Swift handles the Sleep Apnea test? I'm a big guy so I can guarantee that they'll wanna test me/want me to get a test... If needed, will they test you and front the money for the machine like Prime? Swift is so much closer than Prime but I don't want to waste my time and my recruiter acts like she has no clue about anything... Appreciate any advice or info.

5. NY Snowman

NY Snowman Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe Swift will send you for the study. Some carriers will allow you to get your own study done, but the majority have their own physicians that conduct these tests to ensure nothing's doctored or falsified.
    As for the recruiter not knowing anything, don't take "I don't know" for an answer. if they can't answer the question for you, ask them to find out or have them route you to someone who can answer your questions. The worst thing you can do is assume the answer to a question you may have. Alot of times we see people posting about a company, saying they lied to them, when in all actuality, they never got an answer to the questions they may have had.
    One thing you'll learn about recruiters real quick is that they will tell you just enough to get you in. They will promote the great points about their companies, but they will only reveal as much about the carrier as they have to. The more questions you ask, the more they have to divulge, hence the more you learn before committing to them. Make them work for their pay. Make them answer every question you might have and if they don't answer them to your satisfaction, then either tell them you need a better answer than that or politely thank them and move on to the next potential employer. Never assume the answer to anything when it comes to these companies. You'll save yourself a TON of headaches later on down the road.

JpattTrucker Thanks this.
  6. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    True Snowman, I called my recruiter today and basically did what you said and got everything cleared away...Appreciate the advice

7. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Jpatt who were you driving a sprinter for? How long were you out at a time? I thought expediting would be decent if you're that close to the auto plants.

8. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    I drove for several different companies and brokers at a time... The money is just not there, 80% of loads is autoparts and you always have a thousand people bidding it down until it's not worth messing with...if you go that route, drive straight trucks or nothing...Prestige, Ground Express, and a broker out of NY was who I worked with while out there.

9. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    So far the new members of the liars/too stupid to come up with anything original club are marky and lovtotruck. Your tuition is a standard consumer credit contract with zero interest. Regardless whether you stay or go your payment is $75 a week. ( If you stay with Swift you get a $37.50 weekly bonus for a net payment of $37.50.) If you complete your obligation to pay as you agreed nothing happens. If you don't collection action will ensue just like any other loan. It will affect nothing but your credit report in a positive or negative way depending on your actions.

Btw, there is a Swift section here in the forum. I recommend it; far fewer uninformed idiots.

JpattTrucker and JPearson Thank this.
  10. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    Got about another hour before I hop on the bus and head towards Millington... Anyone else? Any advice? Shoot me a message. I'll try to keep updating and let everyone know how it goes and what not.

11. mklong34

mklong34 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Hey, hows it going? man, do I have some questions..lol. So, you are headed to TN? I just finished up the video and get my physical Friday. What happens than? when did you find out when you could leave and how often do they start a new class? hope ya don't mind all the questions. Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.