Heads Up! Pranksters on I-40 in NM

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Criminey Jade, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Some kids (and their parents) need a good crack upside the head with a stick.

4. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Your post reminded me of an incident that happened years ago.

The I-40 was not completed, and west of Albuquerque running on a two lane highway I saw a broken spring on the two way highway, I was so close to it plus meeting a truck from the other direction that I could not steer around it. My front right tire ran over it, it bounced up hitting my right fuel tank, I heard it hit so I stopped at a wide place on the highway. It knocked a hole very close to the bottom of my right hand fuel tank, and of course fuel was running out of it. Thankfully fuel returned to the left fuel tank, and I had a valve on the bottom of that tank, so I shut it off and went on my way.

From there to California and back I just had one tank of fuel, and it seemed I had to stop very often to get fuel. The shop patched it when I got back in. That trip from west of Albuquerque back to Arkansas seemed like the longest trip I ever made to California.

I suppose today there’s many kids that love to place things in our highways and watch cars & trucks hit them seeing the excitement that follows. Sad!

chopper103in Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's been going on in New Mexico for years and years and not just on the interstate.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  6. Daria

Daria Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Philadelphia PA
    What kind of sick person would do something like this? Putting toilet paper on trees is a prank. Putting something on the road intentionally to possibly cause an accident should be a crime.

chopper103in and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  7. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I remember some years ago, some kids were wrapping saran wrap around trees and stretching it across roadways to knock motorcyclists off their bikes. I don't know if anyone does that anymore, but it comes from the same level of stupidity.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    At least 2 or 3 times a winter we hear of snowmobilers encountering cables or rope tied across trails at head level. Knock on wood I haven't come across it yet while riding.

tucker and HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thank this.
  9. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    What about the idiots all over the country that throw pumpkins off overpasses? And, once I saw 4 guys on an overpass trying to pee on trucks. How smart is that?

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They do that with clear fishing line. One pot grower decapitated himself with his own boobytrap after he got high and was checking on his crop.

11. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Even grow-ups will do tragic things. I remember during a truck strike back in the 70's two men were on a overpass west of Midland, Texas on I-10 with a rifle shooting at trucks coming under the overpass. They were reported but I don't believe the police got them.

And young boys will do many wrong things to have excitement, seems they think wrecks with people getting killed exciting, amusing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.