Health Insurance - Trying to get some info please

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by truckergirl008, Jan 17, 2015.

1. truckergirl008

truckergirl008 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Seriously, there are a lot of people who work for Western Express and know the answer to my questions. And there are a lot of people who are happy with the company. They just don't usually take the time to post on these forums because they are happy and living life! :biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Western-Express-Reviews-E40311.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/weste...ing-thief-low-ethical-standards-mistre-934578

Unfortunately that's all I can find right now. We want to help, and I'm not sure either of the links will help. All I can find is they promise insurance after 30 days and their hiring website says they have "outstanding" coverage in all areas.

I wish you and your hubby the best, and I hope you do enjoy the time at WE if he works there. I will keep all further opinions to myself unless otherwise asked. :)

Pinkwasp Thanks this.
  4. Pinkwasp

Pinkwasp Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2015
    If any company will not answer your high value questions such as this; that is a big red flag.

anm2ant Thanks this.
  5. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    In two months she'll be posting in the bad trucking companies section saying how ws screwed her husband.

6. truckergirl008

truckergirl008 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Wow! The negativity is astounding. These forums are full of it. I know what my options are. I know what red flags are. I simply asked some questions but rather than get answers, the negativity just vomits its way into this thread as well.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  7. Pinkwasp

Pinkwasp Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2015
    You have such an attitude. Nobody said you didn't know but you need to get you big girl panties on. IF you think this is hard you have been sheltered. I just see people giving input which is their right to do so. If you don't like it oh well. Call and ask to speak to someone in that specific department.

8. Pinkwasp

Pinkwasp Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Inthinn that why the other has posted links on reviews and why I stated what I did. He needs to see that it's just not us saying it. I personally wouldn't go for a comapny that didn't answer such high value question. Again I just started reading about the company a couple days ago. Even I have quickly learned its a second chance company. IF that's the case for him there are others out there. He should personally be demanding to know from the company. Yes I think you're correct with what you stated.

9. CRHuston

CRHuston Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2015
    There are people at every trucking company that are happy. Some because they are doing well, but there are some that will put on a smile just because they have a job that pays the bills and that is good enough for them. Western Express starts orientation with a FULL class Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That in and of itself should tell you that they can't keep many people. This is about 20 people per day starting.

I did a very brief lease purchase with them, 4 1/2 weeks. I wish I had listened to the people on these forums. I know it just sounds like a lot of griping, but, they really are trying to save you and your husband a lot of grief. Yes there are some that have nothing better to do than to post rotten things, but when it comes to WE, you really should heed the warning. EVERYTHING I was told by anyone at WE was a LIE. I made $1200 take-home out of 4 1/2 weeks. I was paying to make THEM money. 3 weeks with no pay....not happening. I turned in the truck last Friday and rented a car to come home. BTW, I did talk to some company drivers and was told that they were barely getting 1500 miles/week.

As for your question, they do go over the insurance during orientation. They hand you a paper to sign up, tell you very briefly what your options are and then the class resumes. If memory serves, for a company driver, it was $42 for a single plan, per week but I honestly don't remember what it was for family. Just remember, you get what you pay for, especially with medical thanks to our wonderful president.

I am sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I do wish you and your husband luck if he does go to WE.

10. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I kind of thought that prices would've been similar when it comes to competing companies.

That being said... I agree wholeheartedly with CRHouston... We joke, we tease, and we do a good many things that aren't condusive to helping new people. It's also very rare that we all agree on one thing from what I have noticed.

...just knowing that, if I were in your shoes I'd be looking elsewhere. It's rare, especially online, where you have so many agreeing all in one.

We do want you and your hubby to experience what's good, but none of us can stand a bad company.

As far as I'm concerned, we've done what we can. I wished, truly, that I had a better answer for you. I didn't link those items earlier to prove any points. I spent the better part of an hour looking. That was all I found. As I said before, we all wish you the best of luck regardless of your choice.

anm2ant Thanks this.
  11. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Why would you want to work for a company that won't give you any information before you start? I would be concerned they are hiding something. Just my 2 cents.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.