Heartland Express~Russ Would Be Rolling Over....

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pottymouth, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    I drive for Gordon and from what I have seen "Heartless Express" is a giant POS. They truly do not give a flying F*** about their drivers and their dispatchers are aholes. I just found out that Heartless is getting into the "reefer" business and is going to buy 500-1000 new reefer trailers. Its going to be a train wreck because they know nothing about the temp controlled side and Im not going to help train the new helpless souls.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    The sad part about that is HE will try to undercut a lot of the good reefer companies.

Stew209 Thanks this.
  4. Stew209

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Very true. As of now Gordons temp control fleet does very little in the southeast but with Heartland going to temp control, they will take a lot freight away from othe smaller companies and even O/O's in that area because Heartland will do it for less.

5. Vermaxtar

Vermaxtar Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Been here at Heartland for 7 months and I have gotten my 10k miles every month. I agree on them getting the cheap trucks, but that is how they save cash. When running a business it all adds up. As far as drivers getting shut down so they can be made to run at night you are partly right. To my experience that has only occurred to me when they had particular freight they needed you to pull like FedEx or Conway. That stuff always runs at night and if that is what they got, then that is what they got. Now if you are tired and can't run, then just tell them. That is what I have done on occasion and I have never had a problem.

As for the idling, so far in the daytime and I have been in Ohio and Indiana this past week, the truck idled all day while it was hot, and I don't think it was even in the 80's.In fact, it's 2045 (Sat 05/23/15) right now and it's still idling! Maybe it's my truck, I don't know. But to finish up, guess I am a different type of driver because if it gets too bad I don't complain, I just quit.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Vermaxtar

Aug 30, 2012
    That is a good one!

7. Vermaxtar

Aug 30, 2012
    They don't. It's all about what you have on your truck, where you came from, and where you are going, or if you have hours and they need you to do an all nighter. Hey, I hate that short stuff night too and I had it for two weeks straight before my last time off. Now for the last three weeks of working it's been pretty much all all long stuff, or any short stuff driving through the day and sleeping every night.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  8. Vermaxtar

Aug 30, 2012
    I'd be pissed if I was driving for Gordon too just for the fact that Heartland drivers get paid more.

9. ira1377

ira1377 Light Load Member

May 10, 2011
    Bradenton, Fl
    Sounds like davis express

10. Stew209

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Heartland drivers may get paid more but your trucks suck and the way things are run at Heartland are stupid. Also I never said I was pissed off...Im good with what I have for now and have a great dispatcher.

11. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    :)@ the intra mural skirmish on the soccer field

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.