Hello, newbie here with Fuso question

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Dingo34, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Dingo34

Dingo34 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Hi all,
    I accidentally posted this in the US forum instead of here.

I have a 1996 Fuso FM618, i think they call them fighters. I know the newer ones are limited to 100kph and i think 2900 rpm.

Mine for some reason although it runs fine i cant get it over 80 to 90 kph and i only ever get to 90 if i have a tail wind or am going down hill...when i am on 80 its doing about 2400 rpm and on 90 about 2600 rpm..but this is as fast as it will.go.

Its a simple 6 speed gearbox..the diff is not a split diff and is the original diff it appears as it has the mitsubishi logo on the diff.

People have said to get a mechanic to look at it but I even asked the mitsubishi mechanic here in adelaide about it and he said its probably because it is old...its only done 370000 kms so im not convinced that is the case.

Does.anyone have any ideas? I know the newer models come with electronic speed limiters..did these older models come with the same? And if so can they be adjusted.

Im just stumped with this one

Cheers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Yeah, just a speed limiter... A simple plug into a laptop at any shop that can diagnose is all you need to get done. Takes 5 min.

4. Dingo34

Dingo34 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Thanks mate...i actually noticed the accelerator cable was stretched...changed it and shes like a new truck...well not quite...the injector shaft is wobbly weve found out and now i have the oil light flashing sometimes..but this is part of trucking

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.