Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Aradrox, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    So I joined this forum since I often read posts and articles from the site and forums. I am also trying to expand my knowledge of trucks and basic/emergency repairs. I simply am a new driver and want to learn everything I can about what I plan on doing for the rest of my adult career. So question does anyone have any resources on emergency repair

Ex. Fan clutch goes out on side of road... how can you get it to engage until you can have proper repairs done.

I have searched all over Google for information such as this about basic do it your self and emergency repairs... besides super basic stuff like changing a headlight a glad seal I have not been able to find much of any information other than repair kit lists... those don't help much if you don't know how to perform emergency repairs when something goes wrong

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    fan clutch will be always on/engaged if you will have any problem with that.

4. Aradrox

Jan 21, 2016
    That was just an example simply trying to find a resource to learn more about the mechanical side of being a truck driver.
    . Don't just want to be another steering wheel holder

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  5. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    If you're a company driver, check to see what your company's policy is on doing repairs to the truck. Out side of basic simple stuff (light bulb, mud flap, etc.) most companies forbid drivers from working on their trucks.

6. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I like this member already........:occasion5:

7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    +1

8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
  9. Aradrox

Jan 21, 2016
    At the moment I am a company driver....England... but I don't plan on being one for ever... I also don't mind breaking a rule... already had to install a headlight wiring harness because our Laredo shop put a z11 wiring harness on my pro star with a 9006 bulb... rs was taking ages I was tired so I just bought the harness for 21 bucks and put it on my selfm

10. Aradrox

Jan 21, 2016
    And no it wasn't a issue with my truck a pulled the example off irt season 7... guys fan clutch isn't engaging after his shop had "fixed it" so he checks it by send air to it and it still didn't engage
    .. somehow he got it engaged but not sure what he did
    . He shut down the truck to do ot

11. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Are those the kind of light bulbs that "Blind" us cause there so bright ? :mad:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.