Help!!! I'm being forced to haul a unsecured forklift

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Lspilot82, Jun 6, 2015.

1. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    You would never have need to tell him because it is a non-issue. You guys are making issues where there are none.

Joetro and truckon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    I have an issue and I will tell you why.

I had a good friend delivering food to restaurants and walked in to the trailer and never walked back out.

He died.

Hidden in the pallet of food was a CO2 tank. It leaked out and the investigation found the tank was damaged by a hit from someone dropping the tank on the floor, the cold air from the reffer caused to lea

Lspilot82 Thanks this.
  4. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    I guess the NEED does not exsist, but i do. Dont like leaky forks bleading propane in the trailler. Open the door and whew that Stinks! Chances of a big problem are near nill, but i just dont like it

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  5. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    Make sure you light up that smoke before your open that trailer.
    I'll watch for smoke signals.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  6. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH

Your level of posting has simply re-iterated my point: you are making issues out of non-issues.

I am bowing out of this thread. The OP now knows a couple ways to do this task simply, safely, and efficiently.

Unfortunately, he also has been given a heaping helping of lunch counter BS about how to "stand his ground", and not "risk his license", and "make his bosses comply with regulations". As I read the postings from the nervous in the service crowd I truly have fewer and fewer doubts about why our industry in particular and America in general is in the shape it's in.

Rock on.

Joetro, EHB and truckon Thank this.
  7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

I'm not surprised. After all this is the internet, and these are truck drivers.

Vilhiem and KenworthGuyNH Thank this.
  8. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    The Internet is fully of whiny babies, negative nellies and drama llamas.

Now we toss in the trucking industry.

...why hasn't the Internet exploded yet?

Practically speaking it isn't an issue. In a world where it's perfect, grandma can see over the wheel, Joe Schmo gets that we can't brake fast, and Jane smith isn't applying her makeup while sending a text talking on the phone and changing the radio... We also don't need placards, elogs, governors, ect... Because everyone does what they are supposed to do.

Last I checked, that world doesn't exist. So if getting the right bills, having the load secured and making sure my job is done right so Murphy's Law and Natural Selection doesn't have much chance to show and my rear end is covered makes me a whiny baby...

Pass the milk bottle would yah?

Lspilot82 and truckon Thank this.
  9. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

I like you.

Lspilot82 and Vilhiem Thank this.
  10. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Better watch yourself there, gonna lose your super trucker card if your not carefull.....

Lspilot82 and Vilhiem Thank this.
  11. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I thought not being careful was what got you the super trucker card in the first place? :biggrin_25522::biggrin_25523:

Lspilot82 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.