Help on resume

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jbeltran805, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Jbeltran805

Jbeltran805 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2016
    This is kind of embarrasing, I have never made a resume in my life to get a job. But a company emailed me that they have me in consideration ! to send my resume but I have no Idea how to make one :/ specially since I have no trucking experience can someone please help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    your best bet seriously, do an online search for resume building.

Weeezerd Thanks this.
  4. Weeezerd

Weeezerd Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    go to an American Job Center in your area and they will help you with EVERYTHING absolutely free. Alternatively, you can also just sign up on the American Job Centers website for your state. On the website, (It can be done from home if you know your way around a computer/web-pages) you'll be guided through the whole process on their website's resume builder tool. You can also do as David_Simpson has suggested & simply google "Resume Template" and pick one. But I can highly recommend American Job Centers website (for your state) because it's a great program. On-top of helping you with your resume, it has a built in application that searches all job-finder websites according to what you've typed into your resume. (it crawls your resume for skills-based keywords) So you can find all of the OTR companies or & local companies hiring in your area. (& other industry jobs according to your employment history)

Don't go with the easiest template you find on google either. I highly recommend writing out a cover letter that outlines who you are as a human being, what is important to you in life, what your values entail, what your work-ethic & work-morals/values entail, why you want to work in the industry you'll be applying for. I also highly recommend tailoring your resume to each individual company you are applying for. Companies like to see that you aren't just reusing the same resume to apply to different places, they want to know you want THEM.

Good luck my man.

tscottme and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  5. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    the o/p may even have either microsoft works, or microsoft office, both of which, have resume templates to use.

6. CHHALL3

CHHALL3 Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Augusta, GA
    back in 2011, when I was retiring from the Navy, I had this person complete my resume and cover letter. She will send it to you in .PDF and Word .Doc format. The Word document you can updated as you come and go at jobs. Since this resume, I have applied & interviewed for about 8 jobs in the last 5 yrs, with a great interview skill and this resume, I landed 7 of those 8 jobs. Good Luck. Here is her website, it is worth the $$, since you only have to pay her once.

http://denverresumewriter.com/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.