HELP WITH START UP

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by theRookie1, Oct 8, 2016.

1. theRookie1

theRookie1 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Hello everyone long time reader first time poster.

I have a been a freight broker for many years but I want to start my own trucking company. I can't seem to find anyone who will finance me or even lease me a truck.

I don't have experience driving nor do I have a CDL. Does anyone know any companies who could help me out??

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.OOIDA.com is a good place for information. This is a business website for the owner-operator and small fleet owner. Information is on there to take you step by step to what you're wanting.

nordrunner and Road Killer Thank this.
  4. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Most places are going to require 2 years driving experience to even consider financing. Small business loans will typically need a business that has been established for 2 years. Save up your money and buy something without financing, work at a company for 2 years and get experience, or a combination of the two.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  5. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    First off, what are you going to do with a truck and no CDL? If you live in Indiana you won't even be able to plate it. Sounds to me like you have no clue of what you are trying to do. I would suggest you keep plugging away at a 9 to 5 while you save up several thousands and all the while of doing so, study what has to be done to start a trucking business.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  6. theRookie1

Oct 8, 2016
    Appreciate your nonsense response about me not knowing what I am doing. With the exception of driving it I am pretty confiendent I know my info. I asked if anyone knew about helping out your response means nothing. And me being a freight broker isn't 9-5 I own the brokerage so it's more 24/7 but thanks anyways.

7. theRookie1

Oct 8, 2016
    That's exactly what I am hearing. I don't want to leave my brokerage and am sort of conflicted because I know there is a huge shortage of drivers and only a matter of time before things flip and drivers start demanding more money and more freight and I want to be a part of it

8. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    If I was a broker I would stay a broker

9. theRookie1

Oct 8, 2016
    Which is why you aren't. Instead based on your posts you talk #### and ##### and moan about others

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Are you talking about buying 1 truck and putting a driver in it, or many trucks?

Road Killer Thanks this.
  11. theRookie1

Oct 8, 2016
    1 for now and put a driver in one and another one 6 months later

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.