HEPA Filter For Truck?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by STexan, Sep 20, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Anybody have experience with any DC operated HEPA particulate filters that might help keep dust and pollen to a minimum? I'm considering if these might be worthwhile or a waste of money. I'm a non-smoker and non-pet driver but it's difficult keeping dust/pollen to a minimum just with basic house-keeping, especially in spring and fall months when I like to keep the windows down more often fresh air breeze.

I'm sure the expensive AC models would do a better job, but I understand there are a few DC models made for vehicles and RV's but am more then a little suspect of their real-world performance. I have an inverter (with remote power control) but don't like running it 24/7.

I also understand some trucks have a "cabin air filter" but these don't seem to be very efficient in my experience.

What about some sort of filter material that goes in front of the APU air intake (under the bunk mattress) that might better trap dust and pollen? Any ideas there?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I took a bounce sheet and put it on the vents out. It trapped a lot of little stuff..

4. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    I had a HEPA little air purifier when I had an inverter setup at last company. I changed the filter every 6 months and cleaned it out every month. I left it running 24/7 in the truck and seemed to keep things clear inside.

0004889404840_500X500.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.