Here's another town we can put on our list to not haul anything to since they say trucks are so bad.

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, Mar 30, 2016.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    What is their beef? Let the ta buy the surrounding land and enforce the idling law if the nearby houses don't like it. Maybe they'd rather open a correctional facility instead. If that town was smart they'd let the ta expand and then impose some kind of parking fee for every truck that wants to park there. But that would be something the Americans would do ... which seem to be in short supply these days.

Problem? Offer solution and profit from said solution. How difficult is that?

peterd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    All they have to do is cut down a few acres of those polluting trees and pave it over for truck parking problem solved.

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Since I don't run the coast anymore, here is my secret parking spot.
    800 Garden Ave N, Renton, WA 98057

DUNE-T Thanks this.
  5. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Or build a parking garage, and plant ivy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Reason for edit: drive in circles vertically
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    What a joke, truckers should ban all loads going into there and see how they like that.
    Although that'll never happen lol

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The biggest thing I like about Washington state is the lingerie baristas at the walk-up/drive-up coffee huts. They weren't lying when they said Washington state has the best view.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    With billions at stake in freight, Washington state and it's resident's ought to rethink the role of big trucks and come up with a workable solution. as many across the country ought to.

This doesn'tmean that driver's get to abuse those opportunities with litter, free style parking and destruction.

drvrtech77 and STexan Thank this.
  9. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    This is 95% of the reason we are not getting the support we need to have more, better, and safer parking places.

drvrtech77 and dca Thank this.
  10. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    They give the homeless camp space with the same results-

11. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Face it drivers, in Uber-Lib-Social-Justice Puget Sound you are seen as a few steps below a homeless person. I've lived in the area for 40 years, it used to be a great place to live. Time to move I think- I can't see myself becoming a slacker tech guy that drives an electric car.

This will get you fired up-
    "SEATTLE -- Mayor Ed Murray issued an emergency order in the wake of growing complaints about homeless people camping out in RVs and cars. He’s creating safe lots for the homeless to park their vehicles."

"......was costing the city $35,000 per month, and that's on top of the setup costs of $24,689, according to numbers provided by the Human Services Department."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.