Here's why Walmart hates truck parking...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by joplinlocal, Apr 20, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    :biggrin_2559:

born&raisedintheusa and Shaggy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paulpost

paulpost Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Hi as you maybe noticed most of the time close to a Walmart super center is a Lowe's store. I just happened to park by one for the night and find out that all of them offer free wi-fi and very fast and powerful. I hope this will help so we don't have to use our gigs

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Been out here 22 years, and I have NEVER put in a break at a Walmart...I really don't see what is so appealing about sleeping in a grocery store parking lot...I will stop, shop and leave.

5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Actually, walmart doesn't hate truckers. Most of the time, if you see a "no truck parking" sign, its due to local town ordinances. But, if drivers keep trashing up the place, walmart will start hating us.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I started back in 2002 and Walmarts were trashed then.Theres no IF driviers keep trashing walmart,thats always going to be a problem.Many Walmarts will not let trks in their lot not even bobtails and I don't blame them one bit.Walmart employees should not have to clean up after slobs especially bodily fluids and human waste.

7. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA

Dump it in his fuel tank.

8. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Or his DEF tank.

9. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Agree. If there is not a truck parking area designed for trucks, shop and leave so others can do the same. There may be rare occasions when you have to take an 8 or 10 there, but shouldn't make it a truck stop.

Yeah I don't like waking up in a grocery store parking lot. "Look Mommy, the dirty trucker just woke up!"

10. Warrior Pump

Warrior Pump Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I have only parked at a Wal-Mart four times since I have been driving. Since I have a dedicated route, I know which ones allow trucks to park. One of the things I like about Wal-Mart is that you have a wide selection of items and the prices are pretty good. Also, if you forget something you can go back in the morning before hitting the road. What I really like about parking at Wal-Mart is that you are often in society. By that, there are restaurants (and other stores) within walking distance. In some cases you might get lucky and find a nice local restaurant (such as the Mexican restaurant in the plaza in front of the West Memphis Wal-Mart).

When I park at Wal-Mart I don't litter (not that I would do that at a truck stop). I always make sure I buy something whenever I am parked there. It is sad how a couple scumbags ruin it for everyone.

11. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I can understand this. When I was younger I used to get a nice hotel one or two nights a week to mingle with the "normal" world, not a trucker motel. But that was on paper logs when I had more flexibility with my schedule and I was working for a carrier that was easy going. Sometimes I would rent a car, check out the area, etc.

Now that I'm older I just want to get a good break, keep the inside of my truck clean, eat healthy as possible, and get some exercise. I stop at Walmart to stock up on groceries and that's about it. I would eat at one of the nearby restaurants if it was the day of the week I eat out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.