Hi to all of you, and thank you

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by JamesD, Apr 27, 2016.

1. JamesD

JamesD Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Hi,

Sorry to bother, but maybe while waiting for the trailer to load in the warehouse, or when having a snack at the stop, you could find few minutes to share some of your experience as a truck driver.

I am thinking about getting my AZ license and to pay $6000 for it at TTCC (Transport Training Centers Canada) and just wanted to know, based on your experience, if it is worth it??!!

(I might even take the AZ course with the excavator/bulldozer training)

Can you make a decent living (money) and still enjoy other stuff in your life?

Where to go or what to avoid in the industry?

Should I try it? (or the good days of this career are gone, as I have heard somewhere)

THANK YOU for your reply, opinion, suggestions, warnings etc.

Regards, Jerry J

P.S. I do not mind to relocate…presently in Ontario, but I like Alberta, but not the oil sands:(

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    TTC is garbage. I recommend any other training institution over them.

They taught me absolutely nothing except how to do a proper pre trip. Taught on a 10 speed no high/lo (first time I saw a 13/15/18 I was like wtf)

never pulled a loaded trailer in the training which in my opinion is ####ing useless.

Transport Training Center of Canada is a complete joke.

4. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Forgot to mention my trainer who was popping OxyContin like it was going out of style.... ya good stuff

5. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Every ttcc is different. I took mine in Sudbury with no real complaints. The rest of your questions revolve around the company you work for regarding home time and pay. The simple answer is yes you can make a decent living and drivers are always in demand

6. JamesD

JamesD Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    :)Thank you ,all for your replies...I guess, it all depends where and who you work for as a pro driver..
    I assume, you need skills and good amount of luck to land a job with a good company ...

• What might be the best way for new AZ drivers to get started?
    • Do you need to start with a large company as a team driver for OTR ( long hauls)?
    • Or>> Can you start local runs? Will companies hire you for local job as a newbie?
    • Or>> what might be other options>.routes to take with your first driving job out there?
    Thanks Guys :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.