High Desert Services - Cheyenne WY (Oilfield)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Hanzerik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hanzerik

Hanzerik Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Doesn't look like it from the pic, but the water at the rear of the trailer is a little over ankle deep. To the front of the truck is mud. This was taken right after a thunderstorm rolled through. A few more trips into here and the place got worse. Hard to get the truck to steer when your steer-tires just slide. Just trying to make the turn to get out of location was a pain. You'd pull forward and try to make the left to go out, but you just kept going straight. Had to stop, counter steer, back up, and turn to the left in small increments, a few times to get lined up with the exit road. Hopefully tomorrow it will have dried up a little.

[​IMG]

1catfish Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i was looking at this picture and the other picture where you have to crawl on your back to hook up the female fitting on the frac tank i think it was you'd need scuba gear on that one. geesh.:biggrin_25523:

4. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Spent the afternoon on location sucking up some of the rain water from last nights torrential downpour. Think the weather folks said 3" in a little over an hour. Was a big pond when I got there, and a mud puddle when I left. Didn't try to suck up every drop, because then you start to get lots of mud in your tanker, just the majority of the standing water. The sand guys were showing up and filling some type of hopper. Guess the Frac should be in the next few days.

I'm sitting decent on hours since the 1st, a few over 100. Have had a couple days off in there to reset my 70. Not sure if I'll drive again between now and the 15th though (pay period cut-off). After the Fracs are done we'll start hauling flowback, and then probably start it all over at a couple new locations.

5. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Just got done hauling flowback from two locations over the last few days. Long turn around times, and it seems everybody is doing the same thing. The disposal locations down in Colorado high tank really quickly and you have to drive further down to find someplace to off-load. I'd say average round trip time is about 3.5 hours. I averaged about 375 miles a day over county asphalt/dirt roads and lease roads. The oilfield lease roads turned really bad after all the rain we had. Now they are hard as a rock and rutted/potholed badly. Makes driving a bone jarring experience, but the graders were out today fixing the county roads. The locations were still kind of muddy after the fracs, but were drying up and turning into a field of hard ruts/potholes.

denton Thanks this.
  6. denton

denton Light Load Member

thanks for the PM, I am looking on their websites now.

7. denton

denton Light Load Member

what is their website? how did you apply?

8. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Well, I filled out an application at the local Workforce Center, and had called them asking if I had to fill out another app for a later job posting they had put up. When I called, the HR person gave me the number to the guy out here in Cheyenne, and he wanted to sit down and meet. Rest is history.

I don't think they have a website...at least not one I have seen. Not sure how you would apply from out of state. If you google High Desert Services out of Rock Springs, WY you will find their home office number.

9. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Well, been sitting here ALL day moving water from a flowback tank into Frac tanks, while the Sanjel guys do their thing. Thank God for AC, just hard to get some shut-eye in a day cab... have to have my legs and butt on one seat and my upper back on the other LOL.

10. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Did some more flowback hauling the last few days. Had today off, and start back up tomorrow. Hopefully my truck is fixed...had it lose power and was very sluggish and sputtering. Barely made it up the climb out of the location we were working. Doesn't help that you can't get a running start at this hill, it has a curve right at the bottom, and it washboarded all the way to the top. Have to take it in low gears and hope you don't lose too much traction on the rough areas.

11. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Keep posting, enjoying the post and pics from the oilfields. My nephew is in North Dakota moving drilling rigs around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.