Highway 69 north of Durant, OK is closed in both directions tonight.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Getsinyourblood, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    I took the SB detour tonight and it took two hours. Avoid the area unless you are sure it's open.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Fatal-crash-chemical-spill-on-US-75-near-Caddo--391213291.html

TANKER.JPG
    CADDO, Okla. (KXII) -- Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troopers are on scene Wednesday assisting Caddo Police Department with a fatality accident involving a commercial vehicle.

Hazmat crews were called to the scene of a chemical spill caused by a deadly semi crash this afternoon in Bryan County

Because the CDC says the chemical is strong enough to cause serious skin burns and a burning sensation if inhaled.

"We have had some reports of follow-on exposures and we have responded emergency personnel to those locations."

First responders tell us at least 6 people were exposed to the sulfuric acid, suffering minor skin irritations.
    But the chemical can be deadly.

"Extremely dangerous if you've suffered a significant exposure."

OHP Lieutenant Scott Hampton says a half-mile perimeter around the crash site has been closed off until haz-mat cleans up the acid.
    But the clean-up could take a while.

"Could be four to six hours to days depending on the amount of material released and what the material is," Hampton said.

tucker and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    The driver was ejected, likely not wearing a seat belt. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

It will be interesting to find out what happened to cause the crash. Damage to a bridge and it looks like the truck ended up going off the side of the bridge.

Sulphuric acid is serious stuff if it gets released. I've hauled it in totes on my flatbed. I definitely pay attention to following distance, do a thorough pretrip, and make #### sure my seat belt is fastened.

4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Oklahoma DOT Twitter account says one lane open in both directions on Highway 69.

OKDOT‏@OKDOT 5h5 hours ago

BRYAN CO- US-69/75 now open to 1 lane in each direction at SH-22 in Caddo. SH-22 closed at US-69. #texoma

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.