Hired 4 times and quit 4 times...they won't talk to me now!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by VA CDL Holder, Dec 25, 2015.

1. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    We can just give them California, Jersey, Maryland and New York and get rid of most of the sucking on the tax payer teat.

Besides, didn't you ever see Red Dawn? They will not get middle America!:p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I think the word you were looking for was 'while' - not why.

And they don't need to get paid cash, as they are already getting property and business in this country by the handful.
    The ownership doesn't come through debt and loans to be paid back, but through buying and owning what we thought we had.

4. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Funny you should say this.

I've been around 9 months now and still feel lucky about my almost new truck.

It had 130k when I got it.... It's about to turn 200k. It's cleaner and nicer than when I got it.... And I totally cringe at the thought of losing it.

I'm going to bet that will be my jumping off point with swift... When they try and take my clean and nice truck.... And don't have a absolutely brand new Prostar or Pete to replace it with.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Panama is as good as Olongapo,PI.
    I like the Orient, expecially China. When in a nice restuarant if I need to use the restroom, I just piss in the nearest potted plant, and no one pays any attention to it. My buddy from Rochester,NY wouldn't use the potted plants, he used the aquariums.

FredZeppelin77 and pumpkinhead Thank this.
  6. iono12345

iono12345 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2012
    OP, I"m sort of in the same boat as you, I live overseas and travel back for work. I started with Swift and lasted about 4 months then went into expediting. The money isn't that good when running solo, so I'm now pulling tankers. Love the tankers, although I need to make a trip back home in a few months, however I"m committing myself to the very least six months in this position before taking a leave of absences (if allowed).

I spoke with another gentlemen on this board who is in the same situation, I suggested we look into a lease and then go six on six off, but of course first doing some team driving until we figure it out..

on that note, I'm also looking into a lease from either loan mountain or big dog trucking, leases aren't the greatest thing, but if you can get cheap monthly payments it is a lot easier to make the payment when you take time off.....look into it.....

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Wouldn't 12 on 12 off be better for both of you?

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    wow .. 3 to 4 months ?
    sounds like just enough $ for a flight.

9. iono12345

iono12345 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Six months on the road and six months at the house would be great, I'm semi retired, however still need to work, if not for my sanity and well, I like driving a truck. Of course I like being back in the states as others have stated this is the best country in the world and I do miss it if gone for to long.....

10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    A flight is not that much. I work 4 months then fly over for almost 3 weeks and then back to work for 4. All about panning and taking care of finances

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    it was a light joke.. I believe you, but aren't you an exp lease op with a difference in pay? where were you at with a year and 3 months experience as a company driver ? sure it could work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.