Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc. - East Dubuque, IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ferchalks, Jan 3, 2006.

1. JewelCG

JewelCG Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2012
    In my truck
    Why couldn't you qualify?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Their insurance company requires an absolutely clear MVR. No nothing on it. But I will keep them in mind...

4. Victor Sapienza

Victor Sapienza Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    ....Hirschbach also has A NIGHTMARE DM CALLED "KATIE " - a DM who needs to be found out for what she does. Katie is a sham-creep DM that robs drivers in their lease purchase program by not putting in for driver layover pay and then fires the lease purchase driver after they're done using the driver......Hirachbach's lease program is another big corporate trucking scam run by crooks. Make these crooks pay ! Report them to other truckers so that no one drives for them !.....Don't let em get away with their junk. Report 'em ! Teach 'em a lesson.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    Air Breeze Thanks this.
  5. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I drove for Hirshbach a few years ago. Not a driver friendly company. if you go to
    work for this company you will regret it. a bunch of lying cheats and thieves..

6. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    If you decide that you want to lease-purchase a truck from this company do your homework first.
    Tell them to send you the lease contract so that you can have your lawyer look it over carefully to
    see if you should sign it or not. Then ask them for a list of the drivers who have successfully managed
    to complete their lease. Then ask them what percentage of drivers don't complete the lease, and why
    they failed. Then go ask about half a dozen current Hirshbach drivers what they think about driving for
    this company. If you want to invest your time and money in this do some homework first. Remember
    if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  7. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    They pay $1500 for recruiting referrals

8. JewelCG

JewelCG Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2012
    In my truck
    And an Ipad. Don't forget that. Did you post the referral bonus as some dig at the company? Most companies have a referral bonus.

9. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    $1500 is a big one. It implies a conflict of interest when reading L/O tetimony, especially when the the one posting is so new to the forum.

10. JewelCG

JewelCG Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2012
    In my truck
    Not sure I follow you, dogtrucker. Who are you talking about?

11. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    My mistake, after meeting some Hirschbach eager beavers last night, I had several threads open.
    But considering further:
    They told me: $1700/week average after all expenses and bumper to bumper warranty (except tires). They had their IPads out showing me all the AMAZING numbers but it just seemed fishy. If you only get $1.20/mile and pay $661/ week for the truck plus $1/gal for fuel plus all the insurance and other fees and still make $1700/week on only 2000 miles/week ... there must be some really amazing detention pay or something.

And further: Even if it is somehow true, they don't have workmans' comp or unemployment insurance or medical insurance. They are not paying into social security either. and $1700/week average meant (they admitted) a 7 day week. Deduct all the off days and that average comes down quite a bit.

I've seen YouTube videos where the guy is showing you his settlements in real-time on the website and it looks like great money ...until you start thinking about it. But hey, you can always get others to sign up for $1500 per head.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.