Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc. - East Dubuque, IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ferchalks, Jan 3, 2006.

1. JewelCG

JewelCG Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2012
    In my truck
    Well 1700 a week is a high average, and not on 2000 miles a week for sure. More realistically it's 900 to 1400 a week, with 1200 a good average for 2800 miles.

I've worked for Hirschbach for over two years. I do make good money, but not 1700 every week. Don't we all wish that? I've had a couple of referrals too, and you don't get that 1500 all at once.

You can make decent money and we do have some #### nice benefits but I won't ######## anyone just to line my pocket. It's still trucking. We are still at the mercy of shippers and recievers. It's not all roses and candy canes. It is what you make of it, just like any other company. Some do really well, some couldn't make a paycheck to save their ###.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Sounds like a big waste of time putting an app in for this company

4. Gitaslife

Gitaslife Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2014
    I'm a current Hirschbach lease driver. Been here one month short of a year. I do average around 1400.00 per week take home, but like other people have commented about....that does not show taxes taken out and other driver paid expenses like scales, fluids, wiper blades etc.... So let's just say taxes are at 30%. That would be 420.00. So take home average now is 980.00. And then if you plan on owning the truck, you better be good at saving money or have excellent credit. Lease payoff is about 60,000.00 dollars. Even with that all said I'm very happy here. And yea. I've tried to recruit people, but it seems that the recruiters scare them all off. Idunno. Safe travels all......

SteeringWheelHolder411 Thanks this.
  5. A long way from Texas

A long way from Texas Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Sounds to me like the husband was at fault, and hitting a bridge I would say you probably don't want the CD player back. Any how on e you put anything permeant in the truck it becomes there property. In the lease did it say who really owes the truck? If it is a lease like a car lease you don't get a dime. I would tell the ol' man to get a company driving job & maybe a dog to take along to keep him awake. Then I would get life insurance for the dog that way if he falls asleep again, maybe you can get some cash from the k9... Just a few thoughts

6. mudcat07

mudcat07 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2017
    @

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.