Hmmm just wondering? KLLM lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by slagzone, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    ROFL! and if anyone still thinks this is a good rate. They should be drawn and quartered, this is ridiculous. I can and have made more then that on trips as a company driver.

Also I want to point out most mega carriers BOTTOM rate that they will accept a load for is around $1.85 Per Mile. Why once and a while this will drop down below a dollar for back hauls it is not the norm. You people are seriously getting SCREWED, Please wake up. Thanks! ;)

T_TRUCKER. and kevc55 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kevc55

kevc55 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2015
    You must first get a schedule of your fixed expenses truck payment tags in and the rest. Then divide that by the amount of miles you'll average. Take this off the top then figure your fuel mileage divide that by the average cost per gal of fuel. These 2 numbers will be your operating cost per mile. If you subtract that off the rate and you are left with less than .45cpm you are you guessed it getting screwed!

Good luck

4. Ghostridah21

Ghostridah21 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2016

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    The post was not so much directed at you, It was in general to leasing at that rate.

Now on the other note.

Don't work for a mega and this wont ever be a issue, I get home when I ask and they let me stay home for as long as I need, I also have input on where the truck goes. I normally get to choose where I want to run unless there is a hiccup and they need my help.

I have by far more freedom then any lease driver out there. I have no payments or truck to worry about nor do I worry about what a load pays, I get paid a premium for hauling some loads and they even pay me just to bust the doors open.

It's their company, there truck and fuel. Tho I get treated like a person and have full control "within reason" over the truck. In my eye's lease drivers @ megas are the slaves even if they have to many stars in their eyes to see it.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  6. Ghostridah21

Jan 20, 2016
    Every lease deal is different just like every company is. I like my freedom and control I have over my truck since its not the companies I'm leased onto. I just don't bash people for the choices they make for themselves or families.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I'm not bashing people, and I have done the leasing side of things my self and paid off the truck. I'm just sayin you are not as free as you think. And at the rate they pay you guys its almost criminal, sorry i'm just being honest. There seems to be a stigma against being a company driver now adays. This has been mainly brought on by mega company drivers who frankly have no idea what the world has to offer.

8. Ghostridah21

Jan 20, 2016
    I make more than 88 cent a mile and I was a company driver for years lease just works better for me is all

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Again, I'm not directing the post about the 90cpm at you so much. Not all leasing sucks, just the ones that want to keep you flat broke with only a glimmer of hope you may own the truck someday.

10. Ghostridah21

Jan 20, 2016
    I agree that's why I would never lease a companies truck

Fajo Thanks this.
  11. kevc55

kevc55 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Going into a lease with the intention of ownership is just plain retarded. Treat them as a rental and you won't get your heart broke. I've been doing leases for years most have a "life" cycle from 6 months to a year. During this time you'll make above average money. Then they start to bleed you. So with that in mind learn the signs that the Cinderella period is ending and move on. The main reason I choose leasing is for taxes. I made over 200k this year and with all the write offs I'll get a refund. Plus I take home 60 to 75% more weekly than I would as a company driver.

tmslogistics and Ghostridah21 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.