Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by organicfrmr, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I'll invest in that!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Wait a minute. I thought in retail the customer was considered God?

Mike2633 and dogtrucker Thank this.
  4. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    That's exactly what Trump says. Nothing!!

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    God is only used when it benifits the profit book, on the flip side God is only used when it stops a profit loss. Otherwise to Buisness God is useless.

6. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Lets not turn this thread into a political or religious conversation please. I know that's going to be hard, given the company, but I'd appreciate it if we could keep those out of the conversation.

xlsdraw, KD5AXG, Cottonmouth85 and 6 others Thank this.
  7. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    I am an owner/operator truck driver which means I own a small business. I have also owned other small businesses in my life as well. I can tell you from personal experience as well as what other successful business people say and what experts in the business field repeat, if profits are your god, then it is highly unlikely you will succeed. The reason to start a business is because you have a philosophy, belief, or vision that you want to live by and express through business interactions with others. If you are right and you follow sound business practices you will be profitable, otherwise you will fail. It is rare that a person makes more by owning a business than they could working for someone else at the same level.

Rather than take pot shots at successful people, I like to read their stories and apply their business principles to my own life. Whether we are talking about the tycoons of the past such as Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Vanderbilt, or modern people such as Cathy, Clark, Green and even Trump, we are talking about people of vision. My daughter's favorite is Maxine Clark the founder of Build-a-Bear and St. Louis native. She and and a pre-teen friend were very disappointed with the lack of stuffed animals available and generic nature of them. So they came up with the idea of a store where children could create their very own special friend. If you have children in your life, take them there and you will see how it's about creating an experience for children and letting the profits follow. All of the Hobby Lobby stores I have ever been in are clean, well stocked and the employees are ready to help. By the way Southwest airlines has a philosophy that if they put their employees first, the employees will put the customer first. Don't confuse stock trading which is all about money, with those who put a dream into reality and hope the profits follow.

xlsdraw, Crusader66, KD5AXG and 4 others Thank this.
  8. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
  9. 2duisperyear

2duisperyear Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Okland Co , Mi
    Sabbath day is actually Saturday
    Side note: The names of days of the week are named after Roman and Norse gods

The day off isn't sacred or holy.
    The purpose of the day off was for people to have a day of rest

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  10. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    For us Jews it is.... but Christians observe it on Sunday

rocknroll81 Thanks this.
  11. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Wow another useless thread.

flightwatch, stevep1977 and Grouch Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.