Holland Enterprises in Fargo ND

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Luckydawg, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Luckydawg

Luckydawg Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Valdosta, Ga
    I hope this isn't to long but I wanted to post my experience with Holland out of Fargo. I started in November 2015 and it ended in February 2016. How it ended is crazy but I will explain. To start I got a load home after orientation and was there 4 days for thanksgiving. I left out the day after thanksgiving and was back home December 31 until Jan 4. I left on the 4th and was back February 17th. So you see I was out and running that was not an issue. However the sitting and low wages were a big problem for me. The sitting at Holland for me was terrible. Now 5 weeks before my last day I sent a message to route me home so I could bring the truck back due to sitting and low pay. I then called Brad Schemel, a snake oil salesman who happens to be the vice president. He said he talked to dispatch and since I was never late, I was easy to work with and dispatch liked me, he said he would fix my issues and asked me to give it 30 days. I agreed. My wife rode with me so I asked for a truck with an air ride passenger seat so she would be more comfortable. He said during that initial conversation that he would have me routed to Fargo on my current load for a new truck. Remember that point for later. To make a long story shorter, 2 weeks later still no new truck, low miles and low wages. I deliver in Minnesota just a few hundred miles from Fargo and 5 days before my scheduled hometime, which I scheduled on Jan 5th or so. I arrived a consignee at 2300, delivered at 0700 and get a preplan to pick up 50 miles away at 0001. More sitting.. and to make it worse it delivered after my hometime in California, I'm from Georgia. In the 7 days prior to this day I drove 33 hours and sat 65, not counting the 70 for DOT breaks ( 135 hours sitting combined). Anyway, I was mad so I sent a message to Holland that I was going home empty. I wanted to let them know I was serious. I have never done that or abandoned a truck. I went in the Pilot to shower and Brad called the cops. When I came out they asked me to call Brad. The cop said he sounded like a whining child..lol. We talked and he asked me again not to quit, gave me a $.05 raise and promised a new truck. (look at my pay rate on my checks for proof). Anyway he relayed me home for hometime. Still no truck. During hometime I broke a tooth and extended my hometime to go to dentist. I made an appointment for a Friday so I could use my pay check for payment, Holland insurance is very expensive. This was a Monday. I sent a message over the Qualcomm because my jaw was swollen and it hurt to talk. Tuesday Brad called and left a voicemail. I was great, blah blah and he was routing me to Fargo to get a new truck.. On Wednesday I got email for pay, it is attached for proof. Brad was upset that my tooth hurt and that I didn't call him so he took what little I made and put it in my escrow. No money for me or the dentist. So I call, he said he did it to make me call. He said I was lying about my tooth and if it really hurt for me to go to the dentist and get it fixed. Then call from dentist and he would put it on his company credit card and take it out of my check. Kinda weird in my opinion. I was very offended and the last thing he said was that I was a good driver and he didn't want me to quit. He then asked me what I was going to do. I said if I get up Friday and my check is in my bank and I get my tooth fixed then I would stay but he would have to give me a truck, more miles because I need more money. If no check then I would make arraignments to bring the truck back. That was at 2 pm. At 6 pm the police (he likes the police) and a man from Holland were at my house to pick up the truck. I am OCD so it was and always was immaculate. The guy even said so. Anyway, I never quit. He just sent someone to get it and he never said I was fired. So, he never paid me, he kept my escrow(all total they owe me around $900) and he put abandonment on my DAC.. Something's about Holland.. detention starts after 34 hours (you wont get it), multi stop trips but the deliveries are close together but spread out over days. Your bonus is just the miles they short you on each run. Brad is a lying joker. Pay is $.38 or so a mile to start. Pay cut off is Tuesday at 0900. Most of my trips had to many days assigned and delivered after cut off (my experience anyway). Insurance is crazy high. I tried to post images of my last 4 checks.. I hope it worked..Anyway, just my experience. Good luck out there and be safe... IMG_20160327_083808.jpg IMG_20160327_083839.jpg IMG_20160327_083932.jpg IMG_20160327_084020.jpg IMG_20160327_083808.jpg IMG_20160327_083839.jpg IMG_20160327_083932.jpg IMG_20160327_084020.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luckydawg

Luckydawg Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Valdosta, Ga
    Notice on the first check image that the deposit is $0 and the escrow which is $25 a week is $388.98. That's how much I made in a week...lol

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I'm willing to bet that there is more to this story than that is being told.... And yes if you refused to bring the truck back its abandonment.. I just really believe that there's a hole in this story and there's information being left out

5. Luckydawg

Luckydawg Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Valdosta, Ga
    That's your right but that's the truth.. God bless you and be safe brother

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Hmmm. All I gathered from the story was a driver at home a lot. A company that bent over backwards to try and help the driver. And that readied new trucks are supposed to be available 365 days a year.

U.S. Otriad Thanks this.
  7. Luckydawg

Luckydawg Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Valdosta, Ga
    Had a job the next day. Never had a ticket, never been fired, clean criminal background and retired law enforcement. No reason to lie. Just my experience, yours may vary.. lol

Ooops and jeff18 Thank this.
  8. Luckydawg

Luckydawg Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Valdosta, Ga
    Went home 2 times in 4 months..lol.. I averaged 5 weeks out ever since I started driving.. Until now, home every day. Worked out for me just thought I would share... SMH

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    To much time at home is one of the problems i see. In alot of situations like yours its the driver who is creating all the problems for himself.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice detailed post, not your typical drive-by hate filled rant.
    Thanks Luckydawg. Good luck with new gig.

11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    You keep saying low wages, didn't you know the rate per mile before starting with them? As a new employee to the company you really expect them to bend over backwards and give you a new truck so your wife could ride with you?

rachi and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.