Holland Enterprises in Fargo ND

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Luckydawg, Mar 27, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    To be fair, it's not just pay. You also have to consider real-potential miles available and achievable on a consistent basis, perks such as APU and smaller fleet (not competing with 200 empty trucks in a market for 150 loads) and other driver perks that you won't find at Crete and others.

Holland is not perfect, but many will feel they've died and gone to heaven depending on where they've come from. In fact, that's probably the problem for most who come here from Crete and similar regional carriers. Most have not experienced ample, long loads requiring them to cover 600+ miles a day for 4 days, in the winter, across the northern or western region, to get the job done ... and come here and discover a whole new type of trucking. No "regional freight BS" at Holland.

lostheart and jeff18 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Top pay is 40cpm now I think, plus factor in the 5cpm in bonus pay, 3 of which is easily obtainable

4. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Yes Crete has regional. ..but they also have 21 day otr...Or longer..depending on what division driver wants to be in..

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I sent in my last load for the 2 weeks last night that put me right at 6400 miles. 9000 the period before (got current finally), 5800 the period before that, and 5900 the period before that.
    Based on what I've heard, I seriously doubt an OTR fleet Crete driver will average more than 2600 MPW, and that would most likely be a good week.

But 45 CPM practical is "good" pay for a mega, but again, what do you have to give up/take on for that extra money? Comfort? Work consistency? Small company style? Cameras? Constant hand-holding and micro-management?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    We all have different. ..needs and wants. ..glad your happy at Holland

7. kjoseph

kjoseph Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Huntington WV
    6400 miles in two weeks. Stellar. I'm more on the lines of two months.

8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I didn't notice before, but there was the line that OP states they sent a message telling dispatch they are just going home empty, and then the company called the cops... Well that right there told them you were going to do an unauthorized move. At a lot of companies that would get you automatically fired and makes them assume you are just going to make them come get the truck. I would've called Brad directly and worked that out with him, maybe gone ahead and got routed to Fargo and met with him instead of threatening to just take the truck 1000+ miles the opposite way you were dispatched. That sets off all kinds of bells and whistles. When my company pulled loads for holland I ran into a situation where hometime was gonna get missed and we were able to get that worked out.

9. Luckydawg

Luckydawg Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Valdosta, Ga
    I called Brad 3 weeks b4 he called the cops. I said I was going home from MN after being that close to Fargo 2 other times and being promised a seat or new truck. Keep in mind I complained to Brad 3 weeks prior about sitting so much and when he learned my wife rode full time he promised the seat or new truck, I didn't ask.. Anyway, that was the 3rd time within 250 miles and was told I couldn't come and the load I was on was 1000 miles in 3 days with a 0500 dl and the preplan was 75 miles away with an 0500 pu the next day.. More sitting. I said I was going home to let him know I wasn't happy being lied to and sitting. Brad gave me a raise that day and I was talking on the cops phone at the time. LOL... By the way, the cop said he sounded like a crybaby on the phone..lol..I ran 2 more weeks before going home for my scheduled h/t. About 7 weeks out.. The time on the road wasn't an issue.. Lies, sitting and low pay were... I just got my last pay stub of $0.. They owed me $1086 but kept money for picking up the truck which I never quit nor was I fired. They kept money for missing equipment, nothing missing and a cleaning fee. The guy who picked it up said it was immaculate inside and out.. I'm OCD.. They just made up stuff to keep my money. Also, how can I abandon a truck in my driveway?? Beware of Brad Schemel, he is a lying snake.. Holland's an OK company but he will eventually ruin it.. I still have and talk to friends at Holland who complain daily.. I got a job with a big company in my area running a daycab at night. More money and home every night. I like OTR myself.. Everything worked out but just watch Brad if you decide on Holland especially if you want to quit.....

Ooops and jeff18 Thank this.
  10. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    When I quit... Brad was cool about it and told me to come on back if I wanted too.

He kept in touch with me while I was gone, and was glad when I decided to come back. I don't know... Maybe you rubbed him the wrong way?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.