Honest assesment of Averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by David Williams, Oct 6, 2015.

1. David Williams

David Williams Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Paid for it myself out of pocket...got permit...1st attempt for the license is next Tuesday...feeling pretty good about it ..but we will see...bout got my mind made up to try & get on with Averitt....little ignorant here however ..not sure what a team shuttle is...give me a little info...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Simms

Simms Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Team shuttle is where you pair with another driver on the same truck.

While one of you drives, the other rests. And vice versa.

4. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Shuttle Drivers

(Shuttle, Team Shuttle and Sleeper Shuttle)

Shuttle drivers play an integral role in serving our customers by transporting LTL freight overnight between service centers throughout our network. Since most shuttle drivers rarely have to touch the freight itself, your job is as simple as dropping, hooking, and getting back on the road. Shuttle drivers enjoy daily hometime, while sleeper shuttle and team shuttle drivers are home on weekends, which is more than just a little perk for a job like this one.

5. Simms

Simms Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Welcome to the team Av8torcrj!

Have fun in orientation. They feed you guys pretty good lunch during the week so enjoy!

6. David Williams

David Williams Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Yeah have heard of team driving before...just never heard of it being referred to as team shuttle before ...my bad...got no real desire to do that...

7. Av8torcrj

Oct 7, 2015
    Thank you. I'm looking forward to the new experience and feel good about my decision to join the organization. I'm also looking forward to the automatic trucks. The eaton ten was fun but I don't think I will miss it.

8. Av8torcrj

Oct 7, 2015
    Personally I'm very interested in team driving. I come from a team environment in another industry. I realize the concept has its challenges in trucking but with the right partner I see it as doable. I don't think Averitt hires new grads right into regional team driving but are open to the possibility in team shuttle. A position is open in MEM I'd like to inquire about.

9. Mulholland316

Mulholland316 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    How much does team shuttle pay? Anyone know ?

10. Mark Griz

Mark Griz Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Mulholland,

Are you sure Averitt pays 60.00 for a tarp and 15.00 to secure the load???

11. ∆_Dan_∆

∆_Dan_∆ Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Averitt was not even on my radar, until a few days ago. I have been looking at flatbed. I live in West Columbia, SC. from what I have researched so far, it seems like a good fit. I was unaware that Averitt had a flatbed division until one passed by me a few days ago, while I was at a stop light. Can anyone shed some light, on the details? hometime, avg miles. type of freight. equipment? That was a very good breakdown of the flatbed pay, but I echo Mark Griz's question. $60 tarp pay - is that $30 tarp/$30 untarp? And then $15 to secure the load, plus, if I have to untarp/retarp additional drops, it is $12.50 + the $25 additional stop? those are some very good numbers!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.