Hoosier Tradewinds

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Chopperjohn, Feb 27, 2008.

1. roaddawg92

roaddawg92 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    texas
    well i just read another post on here where you said you worked for them 2.5 years but on this one you claim 6 years. hmmmm makes me wonder. recruiter or owner

Half a Load Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    I already called him out on that a while back. I found a rebuttal of his/hers on Ripoff Report to a post someone else posted on there that said they don't work there anymore due to their "wife" getting sick. Supposedly they left in January but if their wife hadn't "gotten sick" he would still be working there. Maybe just maybe she got sick to her stomach when the paychecks started bouncing like my wife did which caused me not to work there anymore either.:biggrin_255::biggrin_2559:

Half a Load and summerland Thank this.
  4. CrazyDavePeck

CrazyDavePeck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Elwood,Indiana
    I worked For Hoosier for longer than I care to admitt.
    The other Gentleman is completly right......they preach out one side of their mouth while they rip you off from the other.
    I am the one who brought you in from the bus station, listened to you tell me how you were going to be a big time owner operator with their lease purchase. I am the one who told you not to. I am also the one who took you back to the bus depot with your chin in your chest and tears in your eyes just barely 3 mos. later!
    I quit after watching them rip off hundreds of drivers and finally when my own paycheck bounced four times in a row and their own bank wouldn't even honor them!!
    If you are a S&M Freak I would highly reccommend this company!

summerland, Half a Load and J P Thank this.
  5. Confuddled

Confuddled Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Roanoke, va
    I drove for them on two different occasions. The first time was in 06 and I did great by them and thought they were a good company. Left them then because of a situation which caused me to get off the road for a year. The second time I worked for them was in 08 and it was a totaly different company. Went from being one of the best to being one of the worst to work for. Couldn't get you home on time, you may be home with in two weeks of the time you asked for. Feul money was a problem and pay was for crap. Wouldn't recomend them now to anyone.

Half a Load and J P Thank this.
  6. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    Yes, the guy I drove for up until a little over a year ago when I bought my truck had had 2 trucks leased on over there probably 4 or 5 years ago and you are right it was like a totally different company from what I have heard him say. That's why when the company I was leased on with went under in December of 2008 he called and got me and 2 other guys leased on over there in February of 2009. We had a guy quit the first day of orientation once they told us about the bankruptcy and everything (wish now that we had done the same but these are learning experiences which make us all a little wiser). He was pissed too. They paid for his bus ticket out but would not pay for his way home after he felt he had been lied to. Had another guy quit after orientation when he went to get his truck and it was a total POS and was nasty and he didn't want to drive it. But the majority of the stuff didn't really start to hit the fan until about September or October on a steady basis (about the time DC transferred out of dispatching). Then it all cleared up and no more problems with checks or fuel until right around Christmas again and even worse. Not sure if anything had to do with DC's accident or not, (which to this day can't believe I never heard them say anything about since the guy had put in so many years there. You would think they would send something out for somebody like that but that goes to show what they think of their people I guess.) if they were having any lawsuits or anything. It wasn't their fault but you never know in this sue happy society we have now. Then it was a week to week basis not having money for fuel and the checks bouncing. I do have to say that they always did make the money right and pay all the bank fees that were charged but that still does not make what they are doing right. I shouldn't have to call every week and ask when my money is going to be put in or not pay bills because I don't know if the money is really there or not. Then you throw in the horrible lack of communication (whether on the D2 or the phone) and it doesn't take long to see the light. I, by the way, still have not received my last check which is crazy because it was only $107. If I can't get that then I guess I can forget about my $700 escrow huh? Oh well, money well spent to not have to deal with that anymore I guess. My new company's direct deposit is set to be on Fridays and it was in there around lunch on Thursday. How nice not to have to worry about that anymore! Wish everyone the best out here and good luck.

7. KAADSC

KAADSC Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Wilmington DE
    I worked their 6 months. Twice waited over three weeks to get paid. Dispatch once told me too stay home until they paid me.Still waiting for my last check which he gave me his word he would pay me if I gave notice. Plus told me it was in the mail. Its been 3 weeks I realize money gets tight, but to be constantly lied to about when you will get paid is not right, especially when they try to lore drivers in with their Christian type website. Honestly you can make 35k if you dont mind waiting for pay and can wait for fuel.

8. DavidJ

DavidJ Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2011
    chicago
    every company is different to each individual

9. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    You should know DJ. Another Johnny come lately from Tradewinds perhaps? The main dispatcher is David (David J). Just signed up today and has some really random posts that don't make sense to what people are talking about. This one may be too obvious, not quite sure. Besides why would you just come on and post with really nothing to say. Very odd.:biggrin_25511:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    FutureICETrucker Thanks this.
  10. FutureICETrucker

FutureICETrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Indianapolis,IN
    Tell me about it

11. FutureICETrucker

FutureICETrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Indianapolis,IN
    6 days went by without a reply after you blew his cover :biggrin_255:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.