HOS

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by pilot trucker, Jun 26, 2016.

1. pilot trucker

pilot trucker Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Ada MI
    If I work for co. A doing office for 9 hrs then work then work for co. B driving for 8hrs am I in violation of HOS?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    If D.O.T. finds out about it, yes. Thats all I will say. lol

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. pilot trucker

pilot trucker Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Ada MI
    okay thanks

justa_driver Thanks this.
  5. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    Easy one, if you know anything about the hours of service rule and regulations you should know you are in big time violation. Now if you reverse the jobs and take a ten after getting off of the second job you can drive legally. Only problem is there are not that many hours in a day. Or perhaps your are a troll. I can't believe anyone with a CDL would not know that answer.

pilot trucker Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    HOS violation or not, I'm pretty sure you're a fatigue hazard to the motoring public at that point, so why do you ask?

MachoCyclone and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  7. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    It would depend on what you are driving for company B. If you are driving a Firetruck then no.

But for the DOT folks, any thing you do that is paid for, is on duty time and you would be over your limit five hours into your second job.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You broke the law.

Work on duty is anything paid work but driving hours are pretty much gone on job one, Job two driving will kill you and then violate you once the on duty/driving for the day runs out. You appear to be violated a minimum of 5 hours if caught and you will stand to be placed OOS for a defined period of not less than whatever they specify. plus a rather large fine.

Finally if you fall asleep and kill someone in your second job, it will come out in court and you are it. No one will save you. Do you carry civil liability insurance perhaps?

9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Picked up on that one! Firetruck, for those of you in Rio Lindo, is not CMV, and not subject to HOS regulations.

10. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    So, a tired, fatigued fire truck driver is ok or safer?

11. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    In NY, you don't even need license to drive a Firetruck to a call, even running lights and sirens, but you have to be licensed to drive back to the station

tucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.