Hot-Shot Load boards???

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SHC, Sep 14, 2012.

1. MarineDriver1

MarineDriver1 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Nowhere right now
    We need to remove their control... if only I knew how to do that. I know, in Canada many years back, the truckers started parking on scales and closing off roads until the government backed down. Maybe we should follow suit? lol

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TAK12LLC

TAK12LLC Light Load Member

May 25, 2013
    Little Rock, AR
    Maybe not exact same...but rules. Under 26K, as a rule, means the driver is some Jack Leg lacking in skills. I firmly belive that an amateur driving a dually is more dangerous than a professional hauling around 80K. 99.9% of all real drivers had some sort of driving school and spent time being trained on the road.

I am not hating on Hot Shots, as I have some leased on to me. But I also require 2 yrs OTR experience with a Class A CDL.

4. sharecropper

sharecropper Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville NC

5. TAK12LLC

TAK12LLC Light Load Member

May 25, 2013
    Little Rock, AR
    Wake up before you reply. I did not say all.

But with 4 million miles behind you you have seen the messes untrained drivers make. And I truly understand that there are some guys such as yourself who never had to go to school. My Dad never even heard of a driving school when he started at Kroger's in the early 60's. He retired from ABF leading the seniority board nationwide. But every day more and more of you guys that have experience retire. And are replaced with guys fresh out of school.

And I do not believe you have to go to school to be a real driver, but it is a step up from some guy who lost his job and driving a pick truck with no insurance.

6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    our problem is that people don't take pride in driving anymore, we just have a lot of drivers trying to live in their truck and make 20k year, there is nothing "professional" about them.

7. sharecropper

sharecropper Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville NC

I could set here and name dozens of ABF drivers from the bottom of the board to the top of the board, I even have good friends that drive there and some came from Carolina Freight also I know most of the drivers that run out of Memphis such as Old Gran Dad (Tommy) also out of Atlanta Ga. Pressure Plate, Double R,and the oldest man there is George Love, George became the oldest driver when ABF’s oldest driver who was 88 died of a heart attack while waiting for the yard to hook up his truck so the list goes on but I’ve just named the most popular drivers at each terminal and your dad should know them. I’ve been running the same route for over 53 years and I’m 73 soon to be 74. There is alot of old Campbell66 drivers at ABF that I know just about all of them. I ran through Atlanta and Memphis so I came in contact with these drivers and shot the bull on the CB with them all. I stopped at the most popular truck stops and set at the round table for hours exchanging bull. I drove a long nose pete then changed to the T2000 KW’sall had 600hp except my green long nose pete that had a 1693 cat. There was a few drivers out of Atlanta with Campbell 66 one was Skid that drove a CL9000 Ford that would run over a 100 also Double R drove a CL9000 ford along with Jello and these guys were running stingers in the PT pumps that opened up rpm and fuel to their limits and could give me a good run. I ran Charleston SC and knew just about all Bowman and Brown and Johnson Drivers that ran the same run. There were many stories about my Pete being so fast but you’ve got to remember they were running 220’s250’s 290’s 350’s and the big cams when they came out so out running these guys were easy but not the CL9000’s that some Campbell 66 drivers drove, they were the fastest Freight line I knew

8. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    the best advice for you is to get the hell off Gary's site.

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  9. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    He can afford anything if he starts using FREE alternative fuels in his IDI. I am assuming his truck is a diesel.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.