Hotshot or cargo van loads around FLORIDA

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 7seriestv, Oct 15, 2016.

1. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I am looking to buy either a cargo van or f350 with 3/4 car hauler. Any one currently doing this in Florida can provide information how I get some loads. I'm not interested in going out of Florida. I know it available but the ones I'm seeing don't want to share the information.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CarMax uses o/o's to move their cars.

uShip.com for other freight.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Lite bug and 7seriestv Thank this.
  4. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    Thanks. I will look into carmax. I watched and bid on couple loads on uship got under bid. The rate some of those guys hauling for on uship you can't even pay your self and maintain your vehicle if you hauling it with a bicycle

texasbbqbest and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    You'll go broke staying in Florida. Go to the car hauling thread and read the most recent one- I'm Done. That'll show you how well Florida pays. You'll make more running a compnay truck then your own 3/4 car down there.

7seriestv Thanks this.
  6. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    I check it out interested because I'm talking to someone else who is telling me other wise. He had a f350 with a 3 car trailer, and he just buy a 9 car hauler. He's telling when I get my setup he will send me some work. But at the same time I'm still doing my research

7. Slay

Slay Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Get on Central Dispatch, ask your friend to use his load board,and have a look at the rates. The rates are in the pits. Look at the number of trucks and trailers of all sizes that are for sale on CD, craig's list and Truck Paper etc. If you are currently in FL go set on an overpass and count the number of 3 car haulers, not to many, and how many have empty spaces, there will be a lot.
    Ask your friend if he is running legally, hos, log book, insurance and to define "making a living". In other words what is his net take home pay on all miles driven not just loaded miles. Not the gross amount but what he has left over after expenses. Ask him how many hours he works per week, include the hours looking for work, doing paperwork, repairs, driving, etc and figure it out as a "per hour rate".

DDlighttruck and 7seriestv Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.