Hours of service violations

Discussion in 'Swift' started by cannonrush, Nov 29, 2015.

1. cannonrush

cannonrush Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I got an hours violation by 1 minute on Qualcomm. Does that hurt me somehow with swift? Still in training with trainer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Might as well quit now. An FMCSA agent is probably on the look out for you now ;-)

4. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Ask your trainer.
    Most likely not.

5. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    It won't be a big deal with SWIFT. Should count more against your trainer. Hope you learned something from it tho.

BuckeyeKev Thanks this.
  6. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    you will be put on Double Secret Probation for the rest of your training period

7. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    1 whole minute isn't even worth asking about

walstib Thanks this.
  8. cannonrush

cannonrush Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I just want to know if swift is going to take my bonus or something later because of it. I have 2 violations now because the trainer is trying to squeeze it out to the last minute instead of having me pull over earlier. Trainer knows best so who am I to question it.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I bet a minute doesnt even show up to them...they have tons of overages each day. At most pull over when you are down to 5 minutes and have your "trainer" take over.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Mictrucking and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Years ago, with paper logs, we never ran out of hours. My 1st boss said, " You can get it pretty close with a pencil". I know, things have changed. When I did OBR's, they usually gave you some time to enter a reason why, and it was no big deal, (unless you were WAY over) As far as the bonus, I'm sure they will find some other stupid reason not to give it to you.

11. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Cannon, it's pretty obvious your mentor doesn't know best, otherwise he wouldn't be pushing you to the last minute. When I was training, I never pushed to the last minute. There is just no reason for it. My advise, as soon as possible, call your training coordinator and let them know about what your mentor is causing. And then don't worry about the violations. No, swift isn't going to take any bonus or hand out any penalty. At the most, you will be assigned to a log class to learn the proper way to plan your day better. And it sounds like your mentor needs this class himself.

Swift isn't really concerned about minor HOS violations like one minute over or something like that. If that happens, just add a comment saying safe haven to cya. The real concern comes if you should get pulled over by DOT. If they should happen to do a log check and see your violations, you could be ticketed for that. Of course, in your situation, once you explain how the mentor forced you into the situation, he may be the one in trouble.

Bottom line is, he might be the mentor but he doesn't know best. When it comes to your logs and your cdl, that is your responsibility and you need to protect them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.